No announcement yet.

Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice gets [MENTION=17045]SilasSting[/MENTION] ... if you're a fan of Ghost Stories for Christmas you might enjoy the Hypnogoria Podcast (one of my faves)

Assorted ghost stories for Christmas, read by Mr Jim Moon, featuring stories by WW Jacobs, MR James, EG Swain, HG Wells and EF Benson.
    Last edited by Atticus; 03-01-2023, 11:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
      Long Time Dead
      I haven't heard of this.
      Is it streaming anywhere? JustWatch isn't even finding it, let alone listing where it's streaming!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        I haven't heard of this.
        Is it streaming anywhere? JustWatch isn't even finding it, let alone listing where it's streaming!
        Just looked, doesn't appear to be streaming

Available on Amazon on Blu-Ray for £9 or at CEX on DVD for £1...that's how popular it is lol

Neil

Comment

I love the pull quote on the front - 'Makes Jeepers Creepers look like The Tweenies'

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            I love the pull quote on the front - 'Makes Jeepers Creepers look like The Tweenies'
            Lol yeah
            I probably enjoy this film way more than anyone I've ever told about it so honestly just watch at your own peril & please don't blame me if it is **** lol

Neil

Comment

There is a DVD copy in a CeX near me. Next time I'm near it, I'm gonna grab it

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                There is a DVD copy in a CeX near me. Next time I'm near it, I'm gonna grab it
                Nice it's definitely worth a £1 whatever you think of it by the end

Neil

Comment

New arrival today

Koch Media Cyborg LE which also comes with Slinger Pyun Cut as an added bonus

Neil

Comment

Wow! Very cool! I just rewatched this film recently. I adore VanDamme films.

Comment

Thanks buddy
                      Been an age since I last saw it but loved it back in the day

Looking forward to seeing how the Pyun Cut looks

Neil

Comment

2 new pickups today in the form of Criterion Collection release of Lone Wolf and Cub saga & Threads

Neil

Comment

I started watching her Threads on archive.org, but wanted to feel Christmassy, not suicidal, so I stopped.

The only other time I've seen a chunk of it was at Scotland's Secret Underground Nuclear Bunker (yes, it's clearly signposted, ) and I thought the place would be super cool, but it's sensibly anti-nuclear war and this was just the depressing icing on the cake!

Deffo needs a rewatch, though.

It's funny how British and 80s it is!

As for Lone Wolf & Cub, I have the same DVD set from CEX and I blasted through them all.
                          Really interstate to see years worth of films over a short period, seeing how they changed.
                          I think these are glorious and some are ahead of their time and still feel fresh in their cinematography.

Comment

Nice gets [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION]. I watched Threads at school and I think I’ve only just recovered I remember the US take around the same time called The Day After. Nowhere near as powerful as Threads … more like Falcon Crest with a mushroom cloud …

Comment

You should have cheered yourself up with a nice cartoon.
                              "Ooh, Raymond Briggs, The Snowman guy! This should be lovely!"

Puts on "When the Wind Blows".

Comment

When the Wind Blows is utterly brutal

Ugh, it's made me depressed just thinking about that. I hope if we ever get nuked I'm vapourised instantly.

Comment

Working...
                                X