No announcement yet.

Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently, the Morse Code at the end spells MAD, mutually assured destruction.
    Ain't no sequel coming to that.

It's amazing how a story so small and pedestrian can have more impact on the effects of nuclear war than a big glitzy Hollywood affair.
    Someone needs to show this to a certain someone. Not naming names, but it rhymes with Butin.

Comment

Two classics. Exorcist extended directors cut (Japanese release) and one imported from the UK, Fright Night! Love this movie but it's impossible to find in Japan. But what isn't is the 7" single which I own

Comment

Got some Fu discs.

Was totally wowed by the 88 Films' "Armour of God" special edition, so have been meaning to pick up their SE for "Righting Wrongs/Above The Law" for a while as it's one I don't own from HKL.

What a lovely set! Loads of cuts, but mainly the theatrical, the longer Singapore version and an "Ultimate Cut" hybrid of the two.
        There's a big double-sided poster, lobby cards and another booklet with articles and interviews.
        The film is amazing, if you've not seen it. Rothrock and Biao in some of the best screen fights filmed, IMHO.

The Tiger Cage trilogy is less fancy bit still has loads of features for each film. Really up for seeing these again after Donnie Yen's performance in John Wick 4, but he's younger and faster here.
        This is a weird HK thing where the stories are unrelated and the same actors play different characters.

I also did a CEX trip, picking up some £1 discs.
        Confucious with Chow Yun-Fat.
        Brotherhood of the Wolf with Mark Dacascos.
        Twin Dragons with Jackie Chan and Jackie Chan.
        Fearless with Jet Li.
        Ip Man: The Final Fight with Anthony Wong.
        This film is the sequel of The Legend Is Born: Ip Man but has no connection to the earlier Ip Man films, such as Wilson Yip's Ip Man and Ip Man 2, and Wong Kar-wai's The Grandmaster.

Comment

I should have mentioned that I got the 88 Films discs in their Buy Urself More Stuff sale, saving about £20 in total, so I was really happy with that deal.

Comment

Wow, that's an awesome looking selection dude.

Comment

One for when grandma comes to visit

Comment

Today's new arrival House of 1000 Corpses 20th Anniversary Edition

Love this film (well the whole Firefly Trilogy is probably my favourite Horror trilogy ever) & this edition looks awesome with some great extras

Now just need to kick the wife & child out for an evening so I can watch it again

Neil

Comment

Nice one Neil … don’t mind a bit of Rob Zom now and again. Love the mad cover art on that edition

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    Nice one Neil … don’t mind a bit of Rob Zom now and again. Love the mad cover art on that edition
                    Thanks man
                    Yeah I'm a huge fan of Zombie's movies
                    I know he gets a lot of slack but I really enjoy them all
                    To me he just makes the films he wants to make & if you like them too then great but if you don't I'm pretty sure he's not really bothered lol

Speaking of his movies have you seen 31?
                    It's fast becoming one of my absolute favourites almost on Devil's Rejects levels

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                      Thanks man
                      Yeah I'm a huge fan of Zombie's movies
                      I know he gets a lot of slack but I really enjoy them all
                      To me he just makes the films he wants to make & if you like them too then great but if you don't I'm pretty sure he's not really bothered lol

Speaking of his movies have you seen 31?
                      It's fast becoming one of my absolute favourites almost on Devil's Rejects levels

Neil
                      Yeah, love him or hate him he says/presents something different. Not seen 31 but I’ll watch out for it. I actually want to watch The Munsters too.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                        Yeah, love him or hate him he says/presents something different. Not seen 31 but I’ll watch out for it. I actually want to watch The Munsters too.
                        Definitely
                        31 is so good I love it Malcolm McDowell proper hams it up & seeing E G Daily being totally outrageous is worth the price of admission alone

Yeah despite the slating it got I'm looking forward to seeing Munsters too

Neil

Comment

Got given a £50 love to shop voucher from work the other week & finally got around to spending it at HMV this weekend to pick up some titles I'd been missing

Nothing really out of the ordinary but just some stuff I'd been meaning to grab

Neil

Comment

That's a nice mix!
                            I've seen all but Scream and like them all.

I want to rewatch The Batman as it looks gorgeous.

Mitchells Vs. The Machines is in a very select group of films that both kids and their parents enjoy in our house!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              That's a nice mix!
                              I've seen all but Scream and like them all.

I want to rewatch The Batman as it looks gorgeous.

Mitchells Vs. The Machines is in a very select group of films that both kids and their parents enjoy in our house!
                              Thanks man

Yeah all films I've wanted to see for a while but just never picked up

I actually half watched Bullet Train when it was on Sky & absolutely loved what I saw, so I'm really looking forward to finishing it off

I picked Mitchell's Vs the Machines up because it was too cheap to not grab at £3.99 lol
                              Also I definitely remember seeing the trailer a long time t& thinking it looked like great fun

Now it will be a case of finding time to watch them lol

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                                Thanks man

Yeah all films I've wanted to see for a while but just never picked up

I actually half watched Bullet Train when it was on Sky & absolutely loved what I saw, so I'm really looking forward to finishing it off

I picked Mitchell's Vs the Machines up because it was too cheap to not grab at £3.99 lol
                                Also I definitely remember seeing the trailer a long time t& thinking it looked like great fun

Now it will be a case of finding time to watch them lol

Neil
                                Bank holiday coming up, mate.
                                Get some popcorn in and have a family movie day with the Mitchells.

Then in the evening, watch a couple of the others, knowing there's no work on Monday!

All of those are great, apart from Matrix Resurrection, which I enjoyed, but I know is a devisive film.

Comment

Working...
                                X