Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
    Fair play to the seller he issued a refund without me asking for one. I've found a copy of the film on Blu-ray for a fiver.
    Yeah but I bet the Blu-Ray won't have "Digital SOUND" like the Laserdisc boasts.

Some news for us physical guys:
    Why the demise of Network Distributing is a hammer blow for niche DVD and Blu-ray releases

"As the wonderful physical media distribution company Network reportedly goes into liquidation, a few words on the work that’s rightly given it such a strong reputation.

If there’s an old British film or sitcom in your DVD or Blu-ray collection, there is a good chance it was released by Network. Giving long overdue physical releases to a plethora of homegrown films and television shows stretching from the 1930s to the present day, the company has been part of the lifeblood of film and television archiving in the UK.

While the idea that streaming is taking over and physical media is dying may be hyperbole to a certain extent, news that the firm was reportedly being liquidated is a real blow, especially as the majority of Network’s products did not exist on any platform until it released them."

Comment

Got home to discover some quality SF discs waiting for me.

Comment

Ooh, that's a great mix!

Shame about the Hidden LaserDisc, but at least you can see it now.

Absolutely LOVE Primer. Proper headscratcher and example of ultra-low budget filmmaking at its best.

I struggled with Upstream Colour as it's a bit weirder than Primer.
        Definitely worth a watch to see something that's a good step away from the mainstream, though.

Comment

Been meaning to pull the trigger [gunshot sfx] on this one for a while but I just know it’ll get a UK release as soon as I do. But after Metallica’s Ecstasy of Gold entrance at the weekend I had to get it.

Comment

Ha! I'm the same! "Wow, I really should own this by now!" I thought as 'tallica rocked onto the stage!

Comment

It’s a classic. Although watching the big screens pre Metallica did remind me how he runs through the graves with a very strange gait and flappy arms!

Comment

It’s such a cool entrance for the band. I was revved up like a Honda 90 by the time they appeared.

Decent review of this edition below. After the overly yellow blu release came an overly teal version and now this, something apparently approaching decent colour balance … although there is no HDR present.

Comment

I've got that version too Atticus. Think it's pretty great personally, it's the best I've ever seen the film look.

My last version was the standard Blu Leone trilogy pack with Good Bad, For a Few.. and A Fistful. It had the most egregious DNR I've ever seen in my life - everyone looked like they'd undergone some kind of radical plastic surgery. This 4K Kino one is much much much better than that, although the bar was low

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    I've got that version to Atticus. Think it's pretty great personally, it's the best I've ever seen the film look.
                    Nice. Did you get the slipcover? Those copies are like gold it seems.

Comment

I love AC/DC, but I was still a bit disappointed when they played "Long Way To The Top" instead of "The Ecstasy of Gold", then they played that too! Tradition: Upheld!

I'll probably just watch the cheapest version I can find.
                      I find the grotty print works fine with Spaghetti Westerns.

I want to see Once Upon a Time in the West again too.

Comment

Aye, same on Saturday ^^^

Yeah, Once Upon a Time in the West is a beut! Getting goosebumps just thinking about the soundtrack.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          Nice. Did you get the slipcover? Those copies are like gold it seems.
                          I didn't, no. Although I've never been much for slipcovers honestly. Never understood why people are so keen on them.

Comment

They make no sense … but I do like a slipcover

Comment

Touch of Evil 4K UHD coming September. Looking forward to this one.

Comment

Wow, what a classic!
                                That opening sequence is phenomenal as we track the car with a bomb in the boot.

I must add that I've been looking at CeX for some Western discs and when I get paid, I might pick up:
                                OUATITW (So many extras! Alex Cox and John Carpenter commentaries!)
                                TG,TB,TU

Then I wondered what other ones I should get.
                                I see that Gareth Evans is giving a talk on The Wild Bunch, so might get that too.
                                Then I've always loved Pale Rider too.
                                Searching for that, there's a set with Unforgiven and Josey Wales in there too!

#rabbithole

Comment

Working...
                                X