No announcement yet.

Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t remember it being any kind of masterpiece but I do remember the soundtrack was amazing. And in the mood for more westerns I couldn’t say no for the price of a cup of coffee

Comment

So is that the ultra long version with an interval?!

Comment

Haven't picked up much in the way of discs for a while, but my Dad got me these for my birthday last month

Love Thomas Crown Affair - used to watch it on videotape when I was a kid, but haven't seen it in many years, so looking forward to seeing that again.

I've never actually seen the original Death Wish, only Death Wish 5 for its hilarious awfulness. So that's going to be an interesting watch.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          So is that the ultra long version with an interval?!
          Not 100% sure ... it's 167 mins. I think there may be a serialised ver on (or coming to) Netflix ... unless it's been canned for being a rubbish idea ...

Originally posted by wakka View Post
          Haven't picked up much in the way of discs for a while, but my Dad got me these for my birthday last month
          That's pretty cool. Last time I watched Death Wish it was on the family Ferguson Videostar

Comment

I've just received a copy of Titane on Blu-ray that I bought on eBay. Can't make my mind up if it’s a pirate copy or not. The liner is in French but states the audio is in Polish. The really nice textured external slipcase is a mixture of French and Cantonese. The only subtitle support mentioned is French subs for the hard of hearing but the menus have English, French, Mandarin and Cantonese. The menus are also in Cantonese. But the audio in the film is in French. Very confusing. The disc was inside a little bag inside the case with the playing surface facing out. It looks like a burned BD-R. But it’s not going to stop me watching it though.

Comment

Yeah that's 100% pirate. The Mandarin and Cantonese were a big clue but the burned BD-R seals it.

I've been in DVD shops in Shanghai where it's like an openly bootleg HMV. All the boxes and stuff always look pretty legit, like this one, but the discs are always burned. These kinds of high effort bootlegs aren't hard to come by there at all.

The only problem you might run into is that the disc falls foul of Cinavia protection. You may find that you get 10 minutes or so into the film then your player tells you it's a pirated copy and that it won't play it any more. Not guaranteed but I have run a few bootleg Chinese discs before and with some that's happened and with some it hasn't.

I would watch it sooner rather than later in case you need to return it

Comment

I’ll just have it give it a whirl and see how it goes.

Comment

Some belated birthday present arrivals for me this week

Some very differing types of stuff there lol

Neil

Comment

TGTB&TU was so good I had to spend a few $$$s more …

So yeah, expect an announcement on the full UHD trilogy coming to the UK v/soon

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                      Some belated birthday present arrivals for me this week

Some very differing types of stuff there lol

Neil
                      Project A-ko, a classic. Shame the 2nd and 3rd aren't as good.
                      I own the 7inch singles for Project A-ko which contain Japanese versions of the music as well as the original English versions used on the film (in Japan and overseas.). The Japanese versions of the songs are bloody awful as they're sang by the voice actresses of A-ko and C-ko.

Comment

Another KL UHD and another Criterion Chaplin for the collection.

We watched Misery last night and it was a massive upgrade on the blu. Absolutely brilliant.

Comment

"Truman Show" Writer's TV Sequel Idea - Dark Horizons
                          Next week, for its 25th Anniversary, Truman Show gets a 4K disc release to enable QC to try and convince DT to watch a Carrey movie

Comment

He watched it and liked it!

Comment

I did!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X