Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
    I got the Error 4444 slipcase of Fatal Termination the other day.

https://error4444.bigcartel.com/prod...ed-slipcover-1
    That looks mint and loads of great extras.
    Is the film any good? Never seen it.

Comment

If you enjoyed the first you'll probably be fine with the sequel. It doesn't break new ground but 2023 has definitely been the year for DCU as a Terrible Move Hyperbole

Comment

Some great new releases this week

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          That looks mint and loads of great extras.
          Is the film any good? Never seen it.
          Pass! I only know the one scene. I’ll watch it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            Some great new releases this week

That Touch of Evil set looks class. Another Tony Stella cover I reckon.

Comment

Still chipping away at completing this set.

Down to about 4 left now. Haven't actually watched Earthsea or Pom Poko before!

Comment

Best Buy Exiting Physical Media In 2024? - Dark Horizons
                The company may drop physical media sales as early as Q1 2024 both in their stores and online

Comment

I've seen people on Reddit up in arms about this, but honestly it makes sense to me. Best Buy is a volume retailer of electronics and white goods. Physical Blus are incredibly niche. There's a fundamental mismatch between the audiences for these two types of product at this point now that physical media for movies is no longer mainstream.

On the flipside, Vinegar Syndrome (a leading US boutique label) just opened their third store. They're called 'The Archive' - so far they have one in Connecticut, one in Colorado, and their new one is in Toronto.

Here are a few pics of the Colorado store - this is the present and future of bricks and mortar physical movies IMO, much more like a record store for movies

Would absolutely love it if we got something like this in London at some point - we do have a Fopp, which is great, but the Vinegar Syndrome guys really take it to the next level.

Comment

Loving that. CeX are already becoming a bit of a blu-ray archive over here but that's on another level.

Comment

"Aliens," "Abyss," "True Lies" 4K Discs Set - Dark Horizons
                      Finally

Comment

Class! About time too.

Comment

Oh wow! That's big news. Absolutely bonkers that The Abyss and True Lies never made it onto ordinary Blu before now.

The Abyss will be hitting cinemas for a single day in the US too, on Dec 6th. Hopefully that happens here as well.

Comment

First reported by The Digital Bits and subsequently confirmed by another source, it has been revealed that the planned 4K Ultra HD disc release of James Cameron’s “The Abyss” has been cancelled in the UK. The reasoning has been due to one scene in the film – the scene in which a rat is breathing […]

THe UK release for the 4K version of The Abyss is cancelled

Comment

Couple of late Christmas presents from my brother arrived over the weekend

4k HDR Young Guns & 4K Remaster Blu-Ray of Monster Squad

Super pleased with both of them

Neil

Comment

Class pick-ups Soundwave … esp The Monster Squad

Comment

Working...
                                X