X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Class pick-ups Soundwave … esp The Monster Squad
    Thanks

Yeah I adore Monster Squad & can't wait to see it again... been too long since I last saw it

Also had 2 new arrivals yesterday & this time some Anime in the form of remastered HD version of stone cold classic Crying Freeman & the next release in the Fist of the North Star OVA collection

Can't wait see Crying Freeman again, been decades since I last watched my Manga VHS copies

Neil

Comment

Young Guns is such a forgotten classic! I love that movie. I mean, it was big at the time but it doesn't seem to get talked about a lot these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        Young Guns is such a forgotten classic! I love that movie. I mean, it was big at the time but it doesn't seem to get talked about a lot these days.
        Yeah seems to be one that has gone by the wayside over the years, might be because the old Blu-ray was a pretty poor release & no attempt to do a better version
        I'm not even sure the 4K is due to be released here either?

I love it though, so I'm super stoked my brother picked it up for me
        Can't wait to see it

Neil

Comment

Added some of the missing Star Trek DVD box sets to my collection.

Comment

Bought the whole Die Hard series on BluRay today for only 1500 yen. Cases and discs are as new. Not a single mark on them but do you notice something odd?

yep, you got it. These BluRays are all in DVD style cases. This is because they were intended for rental but never actually made it to any store.
            I think I'll track down some more rental BluRay movies. They're incredibly cheap for unused copies.

Comment

Researchers Create A 'Super DVD' Disc - Dark Horizons
              The new disc is capable of storing 1.6 Petabits of data

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                Researchers Create A 'Super DVD' Disc - Dark Horizons
                The new disc is capable of storing 1.6 Petabits of data
                I'll believe it when I see it.
                Chinese researchers.have been pulling a lot out of their arse recently with the last BS being the nucular battery.

Comment

I don't think this one will ever make it out to consumers. It says in the article that it's being proposed for archivists which seems plausible, as long as it doesn't suffer from disc rot or other age-related degradation.

Comment

A few pickups over the last few weeks.

Met up with my Kung-Fu aficionado friend who sold me some of his newer Eureka Blu-Rays and chucked in a bunch of others (some not pictured like the HK versions of New Police Story and Shinjuku incident. A few in this pile I already owned, but wanted to watch them in Kung-Fubruary (and failed).

My son and I have a similar sense of humour and wanted to show him Police Squad and went down the rabbit hole of trying to find a bargain and ended up finding this Nut Case bundle for a fiver and includes Police Squad, all three Naked Gun films, Airplane AND Top Secret! £4.66 (seller WorldOfBooks)
                    Annoyingly, I can't get the middle two episodes of Top Secret to play, so need to return it, but it's all a faff for that price.

Finally, I was watching Metallica play at the Download Festival and they always come onstage to Morricone's "The Ecstasy of the Gold" and it got me thinking I've never seen The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, so sought to rectify that. More trawling of eBay, CEX and Facebook, lead me to this bundle of all three from Amazon for a tenner.
                    However, I love Pale Rider and wanted to watch it with another mate who loves Westerns and hasn't seen it. Again, did some cybermooching and found Clint's trio of Westerns; Pale Rider, Outlaw Josey Wales and Unforgiven for under a fiver on eBay.

Then I realised I needed to watch Once Upon a Time in the West for my Bucket List poster, so I picked that up for £5.18 off Amazon (Music Magpie sells on there). It's the double-disc with the commentaries from loads of famous directors.

Finally, I saw Gareth (The Raid) Evans had recently rewatched The Wild Bunch and I've not seen it for yonks, so I picked up this double-disc with all the extras for £3.47 off eBay (seller was WeBuyBooks)

Now I need to actually start watching the bloody things! Maybe in March.

In May, I'm planning on revisiting a few films with the commentaries on for ComMAYentary. I made that name up, can you tell?

Comment

Originally posted by Quality Chimp
                      My son and I have a similar sense of humour and wanted to show him Police Squad and went down the rabbit hole of trying to find a bargain and ended up finding this Nut Case bundle for a fiver and includes Police Squad, all three Naked Gun films, Airplane AND Top Secret! £4.66 (seller WorldOfBooks)
                      That's so cool...I remember when my Dad first started to get me into the comedy he liked. One of the first things we watched was Knowing Me, Knowing You (he had the videotapes). Very formative for my humour!

That must be a lot of fun to be able to introduce your son to the stuff that makes you laugh.

Comment

Working...
                      X