Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Poundland.

Not seen it before, but I've read some favourable reviews.

Comment

Latest arrivals for me...

EDIT - Christ how bad is my photography...for those who can't make out the F' they are it's Sucker Punch & DBZ: Kai pt 4

Comment

A couple of items from my b'day pressie haul.

Comment

Took advantage of the Play deal.

Comment

Akira for me, I also took advantage of the play offer, it's a lovely little steelbook amazingly I've yet to watch it!! Last time I watched it was on VHS when I originally purchased it in the early 90's!! Gonna blow the roof off when I ramp up the volume and let my onkyo setup do it's thing

Comment

Fast 5 Steelbook is the latest arrival for me...

Neil

Comment

Anything the steel thingy has that other editions don't? Totally going to have to get that movie on blu-ray. Got the Planet of the Apes movies. Not going to show you because, well, they're just the Planet of the Apes movies but I just wanted to join in.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  Anything the steel thingy has that other editions don't? Totally going to have to get that movie on blu-ray. Got the Planet of the Apes movies. Not going to show you because, well, they're just the Planet of the Apes movies but I just wanted to join in.
                  Nah not that I can see.
                  I just went for it over the standard Triple play because it was only ?1 dearer when I pre-ordered...standard triple play has gone down to ?15 now though so unless you collect Steelbooks I'd just stick the standard personally.

Cracking movie though just DL'ing the Digital Copy to go on the Tablet for holiday viewing

Neil

Comment

Yeah, great movie. A real treat - one of the best action movies I've seen in a long time. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Haven't watched any of the films yet, but some of the special features are great. I know not everyone approves of the film tampering, and I personally hate things like hayden christiansen in RotJ and Vader's nooooo, but I liked the 1997 special editions, and the anatomy of a dewback documentary was very interesting.

Went on a bit of a game-film binge! Somehow I take some sort of twisted pleasure out of watching these movies!

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                        Fast 5 Steelbook is the latest arrival for me...

Neil

Awsome thats the first steelbook cd case i have seen!!!

Comment

Latest arrival for me last weekend was Thor Steelbook...

Neil

Comment

I haven't bought any dvds recently, but I have to say that the special edition R1 Robocop was one of the best I've ever bought, because the special features were so damn good compared to most releases. I did prefer bits of the Criterion commentary, but I love this disc, reminded me how much I was obsessed with the film on it's original release.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                              I haven't bought any dvds recently, but I have to say that the special edition R1 Robocop was one of the best I've ever bought, because the special features were so damn good compared to most releases. I did prefer bits of the Criterion commentary, but I love this disc, reminded me how much I was obsessed with the film on it's original release.
                              I love Robocop was obsessed with it as a kid.
                              I still remember getting the VHS for Christmas when I was 11...my first ever 18 rated film

Watched it to death...I'm pretty sure I still have it somewhere as well.

Remember the first time I saw the US version on DVD & was amazed at how long the first ED-209 scene is in the OCP offices....that just went on & on...awesome stuff

I picked up the Blu-Ray a while back but haven't watched it yet...I must rectify that.

Neil

Comment

I was pleasantly surprised to recently discover the uk Robocop BR I picked up a while back is the same uncensored version I once imported on Criterion DVD And to top it all off, the film is even more amazing than I remembered, and it's always been a favourite. Makes you realise how anemic modern action movies are.

Comment

Working...
                                X