User Tag List

Page 64 of 66 FirstFirst ... 546263646566 LastLast
    Tonight's viewing sorted. And a bargain to boot!

New Synapse release of Suspiria arrived today ... and if the trailer is anything to go by it looks absolutely incredible.

I've just picked up Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, Sword of Doom (Mifune samurai flick) and Stalker (Russia SF from the peeps behind Solaris).
    I'm just waiting for the Samurai boxset to arrive too. I have Mushashi Miyamoto on LD but have never seen any of the others in the series.

Picked up two films I have wanted to watch for years for a couple of quid at the supermarket

Saving Mr Banks and (I have seen about 3/4 of it) The Help. Wanted to get Hidden Figures too but no luck in the shop.

A nice surprise arrived today. Blade Runner 2049 4K BluRay. I forgot about ordering this before Christmas.

I like the original Blade Runner look to the 4K disc.

The other 2 discs are the movie in 1080p and a bonus features BluRay.

Comes with a booklet too. Remember when every movie had those?

Sadly the 4K disc glitches out through chapter 8 so I'll have to return it for a new copy.

Might as well ask this question here: is it worth watching 4K blu's on an Xbox One X with a 1080p panel (does the super-sampling add anything over the std blu-ray)?

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Might as well ask this question here: is it worth watching 4K blu's on an Xbox One X with a 1080p panel (does the super-sampling add anything over the std blu-ray)?
    It looks a little sharper due to the higher bitrate but overall not that different. I only bought this set for the future when I finally get a 4K TV with HDR.

Thanks Mark. I was thinking of future-proofing when picking up too.

I already have the box set of the first film with the 4K ver included and that looks much better than the std blu (again, only on a 1080p screen on the X) but that's because only the 4K version is a new print/master/(something). So nice to have, even without 4K set.

After years of putting up with a ropey ntsc transfer, I was surprised to see this had been released on bluray

Fantastic film with a fantastic HD transfer. Definitely one of my top 10.

https://ibb.co/ffQsSS