• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went into town today and popped into HMV
    Picked this up for the ridiculous price of £7.99

Neil

Comment

New belated birthday present from the in-laws today another new 3D arrival Godzilla: King of Monsters

Also had another pair of 3D glasses turn up which gives me a grand total of 4 pairs

Neil

Comment

I like to copy [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION] ...

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
          I like to copy [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION] ...

You poor man... nobody should like to copy me lol

Nice start to the UHD collection though

Neil

Comment

Bit of a blind buy yesterday but I absolutely loved it

Comment

[MENTION=7193]Super Grover[/MENTION], any extras on the physical release?

Comment

[MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION], Here you go dude.

Comment

It was obvious I'd buy this but I'm dissatisfied with the product. The music is great and the film is how it always was but what I'm upset with is the piss poor audio mix. It's supposed to be in 5.1 dts but it's full of very poor panning of the audio and some parts in basic mono. It's so bad that I honestly believe I could do a better job myself.
                  Then there the fact the discs are region protected! WTF! releases like this should be region free. As a result I can't watch the BluRay because Japan and the UK are different regions. Japan uses the same region as the US for BluRay. I can watch the DVD since the UK and Japan are the same but I bought this set for the BluRay, not the DVD.

Last edited by Yakumo; 28-06-2020, 16:03.

Comment

Guaranteed future purchase here (I'd rather have these four films done with proper care and attention than a huge set that may be less so).

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      Guaranteed future purchase here (I'd rather have these four films done with proper care and attention than a huge set that may be less so).

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=27044
                      No "North By Northwest" means no deal.

Comment

Nice. Very nice. I will buy this.

You getting the Columbia Classics set [MENTION=4034]Atticus[/MENTION]? It drops in the U.K. in August. Such a weird grab bag of films:

Mr Smith Goes to Washington
                        Lawrence of Arabia
                        Dr Strangelove
                        Jerry Maguire
                        Gandhi
                        A League of Their Own

I won’t be picking it up personally (for one thing I’m offended by the inclusion of Jerry Maguire, a film I really don’t like), but I’m definitely looking forward to renting Lawrence, Mr Smith and Gandhi.

Boring one as it’s been out ages, but I picked up Blade Runner 2049 UHD for a tenner yesterday from Zoom. Still haven’t seen it as I missed it at the cinema and was waiting to upgrade to 4K equipment to watch it

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                          No "North By Northwest" means no deal.
                          Yeah, this release is limited to Universal ... I expect NxNW will get a separate release along the way.

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          You getting the Columbia Classics set @Atticus? It drops in the U.K. in August. Such a weird grab bag of films:
                          No ... and for that very reason ... it's a compilation with about as much focus as a Now That's What I Call Music release.

Boring one as it’s been out ages, but I picked up Blade Runner 2049 UHD for a tenner yesterday from Zoom. Still haven’t seen it as I missed it at the cinema and was waiting to upgrade to 4K equipment to watch it
                          I love 2049 ... crank up the sound and prepare to shake the foundations.

Comment

I really should watch some more Hitchcock films.

Comment

I’ve missed my little CEX finds/trades

Comment

Great movie that.

Comment

Working...
                                X