Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    Just a heads up that Arrow have announced a new Battle Royale set. Now I have the last limited edition Blu-Ray set they put out and it's great so why get this one? Well, what they're not shouting about is that this also contains BR2. I actually rewatched both of these films a little while back and I love them. Even the second - yes, it's not a patch on the original and flawed in many ways, right down to the concept, but it's an entertaining watch. So I'll be very to upgrade from my old HK DVD to this set.

Already Pre-ordered

I still have a sealed copy of their last 4 disc Blu-Ray release from eons ago lol

Comment

Good lookin’ out Ted, I did not realise it was UHD too! Arrow have been absolutely killing it on their UHD output!

Comment

Donnie Darko too

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
          Good lookin’ out Ted, I did not realise it was UHD too! Arrow have been absolutely killing it on their UHD output!
          My birthday is shaping up to be pretty good this year! This on the Monday before and Returnal PS5 on the actual day.

Turning 40 may not be such a big deal.

Comment

big box FF8 and a sealed Last Jedi (will stay that way as i will never watch that pile of tripe again) it was cheap and im a completest.
            and GG vol 2 popped through the post today.

Comment

What in the heck are they? Laserdiscs?!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                What in the heck are they? Laserdiscs?!
                Just Blu-Ray releases on LP style packaging
                Got the missus the Beauty & the Beast one a few years back
                Think they hoped that they would take off like Steelbooks did but they didn't

Neil

Comment

Yeah, who has space to collect those?

Comment

At £5 each worth a punt, both have blu-ray and 4K discs, they fit nicely in beside my LPs.

Comment

Oh, that's a good price!

Comment

£5 each is mega cheap for UHDs.

They've been knocking those 'Big Sleeves' as they call them (lol) out for years, and they've never really taken off. As Neil says, I think they were devised as a collectible like steelbooks.

There have been various other novelty packaging series too - like VHS-shaped boxes for Blu-rays, and HMV doing a line of steelbooks where the art is from the original Japanese poster.

Never been my thing personally, but it probably helps to keep physical releases viable, I guess?

Comment

I've been picking up some more Star Trek boxes:

I already had Seasons 1 and 3 of TOS so this completes that series. Currently going through Star Trek Voyager, and I had forgotten that one of the early season 7 episodes ties into Picard (spoilers below for Star Trek: Picard)

Where Icheb gives 7 of 9 his cortical node to save 7's life, on Star Trek Picard they show that Icheb died because Bjayzl tried to steal a cortical node (that was not there anymore) from Icheb

Star Trek Generations I already owned as VHS and DVD (and novel), but I had to get it because...

It's in Japanese. I'm trying to learn Japanese so I decided to pick some Star Trek that has Japanese dubs and watch and listen and hopefully learn. The picture is actually 4:3 with black bars on top and bottom to make the widescreen picture fit 4:3 television screen, so watching it on a widescreen tv means either zoom in and get worse picture quality, or watch the movie with black bars around. But it was fairly cheap, and I already have higher quality DVD version if I want to watch without Japanese dubs, so it's not all bad. I have already watched the movie twice with Japanese dub on.

Comment

More Noir. Great lockdown fodder these.

Comment

NICE.

They look beautifully presented too.

Comment

World of Wong Kar Wai up for UK pre-order

Comment

Working...
                                X