No announcement yet.

Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The car sequence is also an amazing long take, too.
    It almost didn't happen because the director, Alfonso Cuaron, said "cut" but nobody heard him, so they carried on:

"We had 12 days to do the car attack scene. 10 days into it, we they were still staging it. After 12 days, we were going to lose the location. Day 11 came and there were accidents, and we could only do 2 takes a day. On the last day, we knew we were losing location next day. In the morning it was great, but an operator fell down so we only had only one more shot. We were shooting the last take, everything goes great, but then by accident the blood spills onto the lens. I yelled cut, but there was an explosion and nobody heard me so they kept shooting. Then, later, I realized that the blood splash was the miracle [in that scene]."

Here's an article, breaking down that shot:
    Author: William Dickerson, Filmmaking Department, New York Film Academy Los Angeles While the one-shot master, or oner, is impressive, it’s most

Here's a video about how the background matters so much in CoM:

Comment

Just finished watching the arrow print and it’s awesome, better than the early BR release and head an shoulders over the hd-dvd version quality wise. Still as visceral as ever; under-rated, unique and actually fairly topical discussion regarding what’s going on in Europe / UK at the moment. Parallels to Nazi Germany make it even more frightening. I love the way it’s fairly low budget, but punches above its weight throughout.

Comment

My old bluray version of children of men is up for grabs (Free). Anyone wants it, let me know

Comment

Oooh, bagsy, please!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            Oooh, bagsy, please!
            All yours; pm me

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
              ...and actually fairly topical discussion regarding what’s going on in Europe / UK at the moment. Parallels to Nazi Germany make it even more frightening.
              Funny you should say that, but 12 years after its release, there's been several articles saying a similar thing:

Why Children of Men has never been as shocking as it is now

The recognisable future of Children Of Men | Den of Geek

It's time to revisit Children of Men, whose near-future British dystopia feels achingly close

Why 'Children of Men' is the most relevant film of 2017

Alfonso Cuarón’s dystopian thriller is one of the 21st Century’s most acclaimed films – and its version of the future is now disturbingly familiar. Nicholas Barber looks back.

Alfonso Cuaron's Children Of Men is a film from a decade ago that very much stands the test of time...

Last edited by QualityChimp; 14-12-2018, 22:51.

Comment

Brilliant! Thank you!

Comment

I am not expecting McQueen/Hoffman levels of greatness, but managed to import this remake. Not out in the uk on BR yet

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Comment

New HD master on Dawn of the Dead remake, from scream; both theatrical and directors cut

Comment

New HD master on Dawn of the Dead remake, from scream; both theatrical and directors cut

https://imgur.com/xbtf4uf
                      Nice, as remakes go it's up there with the best. Love that cover too.

Comment

https://imgur.com/xbtf4uf
                        Crap I NEED that
                        Love the Dawn Remake it's an absolutely fantastic version.
                        Saw it twice in the cinema & still have my HD-DVD version but need to update

Neil

Comment

Christmas Present films

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                            Christmas Present films

Nice pick ups
                            These were my Christmas additions

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                              Nice pick ups
                              These were my Christmas additions

Neil
                              Nice I'm going to pick up Planet of the Apes myself

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                                Nice I'm going to pick up Planet of the Apes myself
                                Thanks man
                                I did buy the middle film (Dawn) on Steelbook at release but never got round to getting the other 2 so decided to just ask for the trilogy for Christmas instead & now I'll sell the Steel I have instead

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X