• Show
Clear All

I'm not buying the same films twice.

I'm NOT buying the same films twice!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

When it comes to Jackie, I don't care . I'll be buying the 8k versions next LOL

Comment

^^^ those Jackie Chan covers are class ^^^

Haven't seen the films in a long time.

Comment

Go on, go on, go on...

I know it seems daft buying these films twice but they look so much better and have new versions of the main feature to enjoy.

Comment

Super late to the party, but picked this up and been loving watch the Films over the weekend. Just War to watch for tonight

Comment

Couple of Arrows this week

Comment

Oh, and this (forgot I ordered it)

Comment

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the Black and Chrome edition, because I found the use of colours in this were amazing - the thunderstorm and the blue swamps, for example.

Comment

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the Black and Chrome edition, because I found the use of colours in this were amazing - the thunderstorm and the blue swamps, for example.
                    I love the colours in it too ... so I'll take a pretty stormy afternoon before I put the b&wc version on I'll try it one day though

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      Couple of Arrows this week

Snap [MENTION=4034]Atticus[/MENTION]

Comment

Few new arrivals this week

Comment

[MENTION=4034]Atticus[/MENTION] am I right in thinking the selling point of these is that they're 4K, not that they're longer cuts or more extras than other mediums?

You got a 4K telly?

I don't have anything 4K yet and am still really happy with my 1080p projector, if I'm honest.
                          I'm worried newer ones will have phased out the 3D ability.

Comment

The Shining seems to have defaulted to the longer cut since that one hit the cinemas a few years back. This one is a double-dip for me as I already picked up the steelbook but the fanboy in me took over. The 4k release of The Shining is right up there with any I'd recommend. So good.

Yeah, upgraded to a 4k tv and sound system a year or so back. HDR makes a fairly big difference ... it's not just the rez. Dolby Atmos can be pretty amazing too.

My friend has a 1080p projector and I was mega impressed ... great option for a set-up

Comment

Yeah, I honestly think ‘Ultra HD’ is a more applicable term for the format than ‘4K’, as it’s really three upgrades visually - a resolution increase to 4K, HDR and also WCG (wide colour gamut).

On a good disc the colours and contrast are much, much richer than standard HD/1080p. Often that’s where the real improvement is I reckon.

Not purchases but just received The Invisible Man and The Meg on UHD rental - looking forward to watching those.

EDIT: Btw [MENTION=4034]Atticus[/MENTION], I enjoyed Onward on UHD, it looks great. Oddly I had a sync issue with it, and had to introduce a 120ms audio delay on my amp in the settings to correct it. No idea if it’ll happen on your setup, but something to watch out for. I hadn’t experienced that before.

Comment

[MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION] The Meg is great fun. Big, dumb and stoopid fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X