No announcement yet.

Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of pre-orders, both 4K collectors editions ...

Escape from NY is up too, no pic yet though.

Comment

What is on all the discs? I'd be very tempted just on the pictures alone.

Comment

Anything new extras-wise?

I don't have a 4K telly and £40 to buy a film I already have is a hard sell for me.

Comment

The new cover is so much better than the noisy cover of the last Blu-Ray release.

Old:

New:

Comment

There are few details at prez but I think there's be a soundtrack in there:

1 x 4K blu
            2 x blu, one film, one special features (or 1 blu, 1 dvd)
            1 x cd soundtrack
            Last edited by Atticus; 07-09-2018, 14:41.

Comment

Haha, yeah, that old cover seems to be attempting to get the entire film into one sheet

New cover looks class.

Comment

Prince of Darkness too!

I don't have Assault on Precinct 13, so I hope that gets an overhaul too!

STUDIOCANAL. 1,001,952 likes · 335 talking about this. Like this page for film updates, preview tickets & weekly prize giveaways, as well as information on

Comment

I have never seen Prince of Darkness.

Comment

The posters are by Matt Ferguson:
                    Matt Ferguson. 17,350 likes · 231 talking about this. Matt Ferguson is a Graphic Designer and Artist from Sheffield in the UK.

"So I conceptualised and made all of the art for the 4K releases of these 4 classic John Carpenter films, Escape From New York, The Fog, Prince Of Darkness and They Live. It was a dream job for me and I am really happy the art came out pretty much exactly as I intended.There will be Blu-Ray, Steelbooks, DVD and theatrical releases. Also I will be releasing limited edition posters of the quad art in the new year.
                    John Carpenter is my favourite director and I honestly put everything I could into making these special edition posters and art exactly how I, as a huge fan, would want them to look."

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      I have never seen Prince of Darkness.
                      I really like it.

It's one of Carpenter's less-loved films, but there's some great moment and a real sense of dread.

One of the best endings to a movie ever, too.

Comment

Wow, couple more ace posters. Loving them.

I pre-ordered TL, TF, and EFNY earlier ... guess I'll be adding Prince of Darkness too

Comment

Some recent buys

Free image hosting and sharing service, upload pictures, photo host. Offers integration solutions for uploading images to forums.

Comment

Details are up on the new Carpenter releases. Looks like some new featurettes produced for them (only checked The Fog).

Right now the collectors editions are £30 to pre-order from HMV and Zavvi ... hoping Amazon match that at some point v/soon or I might cancel my pre-orders with them.
                            Last edited by Atticus; 07-09-2018, 20:54.

Comment

I'll be getting those Carpenter discs, might wait for a sale though. Going to see him at the Barras next month too.

Comment

More De Palma insanity

Comment

Working...
                                X