Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Without clicking, if you're getting excited I guessed it was a Black & White film.

I was half right!

Tell us more please, [MENTION=2697]dvdx2[/MENTION]. Is it Region B? Any extras?
    There should be loads of making-of stuff as I remember at the time there was loads of behind the scenes footage in this amazing issue of Starburst:

It’s region Free; the Disney bluray exclusive releases usually don’t have extras (I also have Return to Oz)

Supposed to have scrubbed up nicely - here’s a screen cap at 1080p

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Comment

Even the DVD has a short "Making Of" documentary, so it's a shame it's so bare-bones.

Nice quality, though!

Comment

In what is a first for a major studio film’s home video release, Paramount Home Media Distribution have announced that Ang Lee’s “Gemini Man” is coming to 4K Ultra HD disc with a 60 frames-per-second (FPS) frame rate as opposed to the regular 24 FPS. Coming to Digital HD on December 23rd and then 4K […]

Paramount have announced that the UHD version of Gemini Man will display at 60fps instead of 24fps. Not really sure what that's supposed to add to a film like this which is pretty small scale, there's lots of breakdown on the disc as well about the visual effects which ironically I thought were awful.

Comment

Couple of new pick-ups

Comment

Jackie Chan's Masterpiece and for me, the best film he's ever made

Comment

Quick someone send TA an ambulance! He’s clearly not well. Only JC thinks that’s his best film.

Comment

I'm confused the picture was not of Snake In the Eagle's Shadow?!

Comment

I'm confused. The picture was not of Armour of God?!

My fu-loving mate berated me because I've never seen Miracles.
                  The theme and tone didn't really interest me, but it's JC. IT'S JC!
                  I might get this in the Boxing Day sales.
                  Do they still have those?

Comment

I'm confused ... that wasn't a picture of The Nut Job 2

Nice collection you're building there Team

Comment

Christams BluRays

Comment

Finally picked up The Scarlet Box Hellraiser set

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          Finally picked up The Scarlet Box Hellraiser set

Ooooh dat niiiiice
                          Might have to hunt that down myself now

Comment

Consumer spending on home entertainment reached a record $25.2 billion last year, rising by 8.4% from the year before. The Digital Entertainment Group (DEG) reports that 2019’s figures for subscription streaming, digital movie sales and digital movie rentals online rose significantly from their 2018 results. Subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) services, in particular, are the big success […]

Subscription services now account for 63% of the home media market whilst digital movie sales rose by 5%. By comparison the physical media market collapsed in one year by a huge 18.2%

Comment

I used to think:
                              "I wish there was a service where you could watch any film at any time in the comfort of your own home!"

I now think:
                              "We're at the total mercy of these streaming services and we don't own anything."

I'm toying with buying a backup DVD/BR player to keep up the loft for when they stop making them, but I've a load of films that are no longer available because the streaming service went bust.

Comment

That's because you're still waiting for the first one. No doubt physical sales are going to bottom out but I wonder of they'll experience a bit of a bounce back when consumers get frustrated at how over fractured the subscription model is getting with content spread across about 40 services.

Comment

Working...
                                X