No announcement yet.

Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair, you kinda have to consider Netflix more like an on-demand TV channel than anything else. It's never going to be a substitute for owning a film.

I would say that for all the hate, I used to DREAM about having access to a massive on-demand library of movies to watch at home any time.

Now I've got more on-demand libraries than I know what to do with! I don't like Amazon, but Prime Video is insanely comprehensive. It doesn't have everything, but it's not far off.

With all that said, long live Blu-Ray and UHD Blu-Ray. They're always my first choice

Comment

I do like having films and TV on demand, but if there's a film you have a lot of love for, it's worth getting the physical version, especially if it's lovingly collated with extras.
      [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION], I did the tweetalong for Moon with the composer, Clint Mansell (ex-PWEI!), which was great and he answered a couple of my tweets. I've also done a couple with Ash and their albums.
      Channel 4 were showing S1 of Spaced and Edgar Wright suggested he do a tweetalong and it was brill (but late!).

He did one for Scott Pilgrim, but it was US time, so far too late, but I caught up on the tweets later and there was loads of info.

Here's one for your collections - a 50 disc collection of the Infinity Wars saga!

Comment

[MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION] oh 100% agreed. Especially as you know you're getting the absolute tip top picture and sound that way, too!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          I do like having films and TV on demand, but if there's a film you have a lot of love for, it's worth getting the physical version, especially if it's lovingly collated with extras.
          @Soundwave, I did the tweetalong for Moon with the composer, Clint Mansell (ex-PWEI!), which was great and he answered a couple of my tweets. I've also done a couple with Ash and their albums.
          Channel 4 were showing S1 of Spaced and Edgar Wright suggested he do a tweetalong and it was brill (but late!).

He did one for Scott Pilgrim, but it was US time, so far too late, but I caught up on the tweets later and there was loads of info.

Here's one for your collections - a 50 disc collection of the Infinity Wars saga!
          Sounds like fun.
          Maybe one day I'll get involved

I saw that yesterday, impressive set but £400 is too steep for me
          Although when you work it out for 50 discs it's actually not that bad

Neil

Comment

It's not for me because I'm collecting the 3D versions (and the 3 2D films at the start) and this set doesn't have those.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              It's not for me because I'm collecting the 3D versions (and the 3 2D films at the start) and this set doesn't have those.
              Yeah same I'm not worried about 4k versions I have all the 3D versions which like you is what I'm most interested in

Comment

Must. Not. Order.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                  Must. Not. Order.
                  Yes. You. Must

Comment

Not that bad, steep as it sounds, when you divide the cost by the number of films involved but it'd be better if they cut half the discs and lobbed £100 off the price tag.

Comment

Yeah, it's not my thing at all, but the price of that is really not bad - about £17 per film, which is decent considering they're 4K versions and it's a limited edition and so on.

Comment

Preparing to be terrified again after 36 years....

Image 10-C461-A6-E07-C-46-A0-AC33-3290-A3-B78-D08 hosted in ImgBB

Comment

Oh good god remember watching that at school.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                            Preparing to be terrified again after 36 years....

https://ibb.co/pZcLqjZ
                            I keep meaning to buy that.
                            Still haven't seen it but really want to based on peoples recommendations

HMV still have it in stock so I really should get round to picking it up

Neil

Comment

That is a genuinely chilling film. I also watched it in school. Really sticks with you.

Comment

Brutal stuff!

Comment

Working...
                                X