Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it this one?

Buy The Thing - 4K Ultra HD Limited Collectors Edition from Zavvi, the home of pop culture. Take advantage of great prices on Blu-ray, 4K, merchandise, games, clothing and more!

Does it have any extra scenes?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
      Is it this one?

Buy The Thing - 4K Ultra HD Limited Collectors Edition from Zavvi, the home of pop culture. Take advantage of great prices on Blu-ray, 4K, merchandise, games, clothing and more!

Does it have any extra scenes?
      That’s it. Not sure on the finer details. First time on 4K though, and it matches the other four ltd editions. Think I’ll be keeping my Arrow copy though as some of the extra features are exclusives (I think)

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        I hadn't heard of that. Just done a bit of reading up on it, sounds intriguing.
        I'm a sucker for a John Woo movie so I'm intrigued to see where it started but the write ups certainly don't fill me with too much hope for it
        A better tomorrow it certainly isn't lol

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        Is that Charles on the right? Under Benicio DelToro?
        I hadn't even noticed until you mentioned it but they are uncannily similar lol

Comment

Transformers UHD Blu-ray arrived from the states the other day. Can't say I'm impressed by the extras. The real cool stuff like the title experiment footage is missing as well as other cool stuff found on the 25th Anniversary DVD. Thankfully I still have the DVD.

The 4K version of the movie is widescreen and looks okay I guess but not than much better than the DVD being upscaled while the standard Blu-ray disc includes the lame bonus features as well as the 4:3 print of the movie.
          If you have the 25th Anniversary edition of this, I can't recommend this at all.

Last edited by Yakumo; 11-08-2021, 08:11.

Comment

Oh dear, that's disappointing. Same thing happened to me with Millennium Actress. Older anime on UHD is pretty hit and miss I'm finding.

Comment

I was chatting to my friend about this and the only way they could improve this any more would be using CGI to fix any animation errors, but then you're getting into Lucas territory with clonging stormtrooper heads and CGI slug Jabba.

Never been the biggest fan of TFTM, if I'm honest. I missed it at the cinema (it had sold out!), plus they kill off all the Transformers I loved in favour of robots that totally don't fit the tag "Robots in Diguise".

I'll keep the DVD, cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                Transformers UHD Blu-ray arrived from the states the other day. Can't say I'm impressed by the extras. The real cool stuff like the title experiment footage is missing as well as other cool stuff found on the 25th Anniversary DVD. Thankfully I still have the DVD.

The 4K version of the movie is widescreen and looks okay I guess but not than much better than the DVD being upscaled while the standard Blu-ray disc includes the lame bonus features as well as the 4:3 print of the movie.
                If you have the 25th Anniversary edition of this, I can't recommend this at all.

Mine should be here next week (around the 18th according to Amazon tracker)
                Sad to hear it's not much of an improvement
                I have the 30th anniversary 4K remastered version but I'll still be happy with this
                As you can all assume I'll just keep buying whatever version they put out

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                  Mine should be here next week (around the 18th according to Amazon tracker)
                  Sad to hear it's not much of an improvement
                  I have the 30th anniversary 4K remastered version but I'll still be happy with this
                  As you can all assume I'll just keep buying whatever version they put out

Neil
                  I was really hoping for more test footage or vocal out takes or something with this release but sadly not.

Comment

I was really hoping for more test footage or vocal out takes or something with this release but sadly not.
                    Yeah new content would have been great but seems like they couldn't go to the effort.

That said I did also order the Zavvi Ltd edition as well & that comes with extra collectable tat

Buy The Transformers: The Movie 35th Anniversary - Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Limited Collectors Edition (Includes Blu-ray) from Zavvi, the home of pop culture. Take advantage of great prices on Blu-ray, 4K, merchandise, games, clothing and more!

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                      Yeah new content would have been great but seems like they couldn't go to the effort.

That said I did also order the Zavvi Ltd edition as well & that comes with extra collectable tat

Buy The Transformers: The Movie 35th Anniversary - Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Limited Collectors Edition (Includes Blu-ray) from Zavvi, the home of pop culture. Take advantage of great prices on Blu-ray, 4K, merchandise, games, clothing and more!

Neil
                      Be sure to let us know what extras that has.

Comment

Be sure to let us know what extras that has.
                        Will do

Neil

Comment

So I bought this...

Comment

I got a nice pile of DVD's.

I read Oh My Goddess! manga in my teens and stopped reading it maybe in 2003-04. A few months ago I decided to go back and read the series from the beginning to the end, I loved it. So I had to get the anime. I had these Oh My Goddess! OVA's on VHS 20 years ago, I remembered not liking them, now I did enjoy them. The first DVD with 3 episodes is much better than the second one, the tone changes a lot on the fourth episode.

I have not watched Shoplifters yet, picked it up because it seemed intresting.

Ah! My Goddess Season 1 box I managed to get for super cheap, it was 6 Euros plus shipping, the second cheapest would have been almost 40 euros, the only downside is that one of the discs has a big scratch and one of the episodes does not play properly, but at that price I'm fine with it. It was funny to watch this and the first anime as this uses 10 episodes to go through pretty much the same story that the OVA did in the first 3 episodes. I really enjoyed this show, so I had to buy...

Ah! My Goddess Season 2 DVD's, I have not watched them yet, might start tomorrow.

The Adventures of Mini-Goddess, I watched a few episodes of this. It's funny. Cost 60 cents (plus 4 euros international shipping), certainly worth that even with that ugly cover.

See You Tomorrow Everyone was a rough one. A good movie, but very melancholic. Very well written, with small throwaway lines actually having a lot of meaning and paying off. There were two small lines, one in the middle of the film and one near the end, that I understood 2 hours after I had seen the film that actually hints at what might happen after the film ends. But yeah, I'm really glad that I bought it, I'll want to watch it again someday, but not anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                              So I bought this...

That looks class. Very tempting.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                                That looks class. Very tempting.
                                Agreed! The main downside I can see is that it doesn't include the original ending song (Netflix version doesn't either), Fly Me To The Moon because of the exorbitant licensing cost (apparently somewhere in the region of the cost of a house per episode). So while plenty of people were quick to question the claim of "Ultimate Edition" I think it is about the best they can do realistically.

Comment

Working...
                                X