Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital Versatile Discs.
    Playable in most XBox One and PS4 consoles.

Comment

It's amazing that we're at a point so far into the lifespan of Blu-Ray and DVD is stil utterly spanking the format for disc sales. Pretty much locks down that Blu-Ray, UHD etc aren't going to replace it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          It's amazing that we're at a point so far into the lifespan of Blu-Ray and DVD is stil utterly spanking the format for disc sales. Pretty much locks down that Blu-Ray, UHD etc aren't going to replace it.
          Yeah, there are still films that are getting DVD releases and not Blu-Ray ones. Booksmart is a recent one. Crazy really. Who is watching a film made in 2018 in SD?!

The future of physical films is definitely more of a Limited Run Games type model - which Arrow, Signal 1, and loads of others are actually already doing a really awesome job of. So despite declining sales, I actually feel the future's quite bright for physical versions for aficionadoes.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            Yeah, there are still films that are getting DVD releases and not Blu-Ray ones. Booksmart is a recent one. Crazy really. Who is watching a film made in 2018 in SD?!

The future of physical films is definitely more of a Limited Run Games type model - which Arrow, Signal 1, and loads of others are actually already doing a really awesome job of. So despite declining sales, I actually feel the future's quite bright for physical versions for aficionadoes.
            alot of people dont really care about definition - my parents can rarely tell the difference!

Comment

Yeah, I'm not really bothered to be honest!
              It's normally about a fiver difference too!

If you love a film, it's definitely worth getting a physical copy.

After enjoying The Invisible Man t'other week, I was considering getting UPGRADE on BR.
              In a near-future world, where technology controls everything, technophobe Grey Trace is the victim of a brutal mugging that leaves his wife dead and him paralyzed.

Special Features
              • Audio Commentary with Director Leigh Whannell
              • Not Action. Not Sci-Fi. More: A new interview with Leigh Whannell
              • Permission Granted: A new interview with Producer Kylie Du Fresne
              • Future Noir: A new interview with Cinematographer Stefan Duscio
              • Hacking Upgrade: A new interview with Editor Andy Canny
              • The Art of Fighting Without Fighting: A new interview with Fight Choreographer Chris Weir
              • Optional English Subtitles for the Hard of Hearing

Limited Edition Contents
              • Rigid slipcase featuring new artwork by Adam Stothard
              • Poster featuring the new artwork
              • 40 page soft cover book with new essays by Jon Towlson and Scott Harrison

That's a nice collection of extras, but I already bought it on Prime Video and with shipping, that's half-way to a year of Disney+ for just one film.

Streaming definitely skews the value of films.

Comment

I've been collecting all of the Marvel 3D Blu-Rays as a nice finite set.
                Has anyone seen any alternative cover art that makes a picture with all the spines?

Like this:

but with movie-specific artwork?

Comment

I really care about PQ, so I love the boutique Blu-Ray labels! I watched Arrow’s Deep Red the other day - just fabulous picture and sound.

The discs are expensive, but a lot of the time I rent them through Cinema Paradiso.

Comment

I really care about PQ
                    Always mind your Ps and Qs.

Comment

I really care about PQ, so I love the boutique Blu-Ray labels! I watched Arrow’s Deep Red the other day - just fabulous picture and sound.
                      Totally agree. And Deep Red is one of my all time faves. Seeing it again and again over the years it's nice that the technology can present it better and better each time. The Arrow LE with the soundtrack is brilliant too.

Comment

The new 4k scan of Zombie is supposed to be great. Anyone watched it?

Comment

Picked up a new Twilight Time release (as in Sealed)

And 4 kino lorber releases

Image 3-A8153-E8-96-F7-4-D9-A-9-C93-4-F724-AB6129-C hosted in ImgBB

Image 0-E69-F01-E-1-BF0-4-DF1-97-B6-B89-FD4-A18-A10 hosted in ImgBB

Image 74-DE16-A6-E66-B-4-AA2-9385-08-F1-ED20-FC33 hosted in ImgBB

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                            The new 4k scan of Zombie is supposed to be great. Anyone watched it?
                            The Fulci one? I think it's due end of May.

Comment

Picked up a couple of Criterions in the HMV sale

Comment

I'm never as classy as Atticus, but I forgot to mention I got these in half-term.
                                Just 5 left for the full set.

Comment

Working...
                                X