Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s a cracking set of fillums.

Comment

Nice gets people. A season of 90s slashers sounds like an excellent idea [MENTION=4034]Atticus[/MENTION] - I didn’t know about those trilogy releases. Might grab them as my girlfriend would really enjoy those.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        A season of 90s slashers sounds like an excellent idea [MENTION=4034]Atticus[/MENTION] - I didn’t know about those trilogy releases. Might grab them as my girlfriend would really enjoy those.
        88 Films put these out as limited editions first with a thick hard case/art cards/poster/booklet and then phase in a slimmer, leaner edition. The IKWYDLS LE is sold out but the UL LE is still available.

Comment

Interesting. I'm tempted by that Urban Legend set for sure - never seen any of those.

Comment

I’ve never seen any of these I bought recently. Just never bothered with them when they were out, not even Scream until years later. But they’re good fun, in all their nostalgic 90sness.

Comment

Thank you Amazon Prime Day

Comment

Excellent. Got a Prime Day disc of my own on the way too.

I know Breathless include vinyl, does that Joker edition you've got there have one too?

Been waiting for them to do a regular Breathless, as it's a really nice set but it would niggle at me that I've got this thing I can't actually play (the vinyl).

Comment

Ah, looking forward to seeing what you got

Yeah, Joker set has the soundtrack on purple vinyl.

With the Breathless set I didn't even know it was a 4k UHD release, so that was a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    Ah, looking forward to seeing what you got

Yeah, Joker set has the soundtrack on purple vinyl.

With the Breathless set I didn't even know it was a 4k UHD release, so that was a bonus.
                    It's one you've already got I think, so nothing too exciting!

But I did sneak in another via eBay which is now OOP, which is turning up Saturday

Yeah, I knew that Breathless set was 4K as I've been ogling it for a while. I think they've been waiting for it to sell through before the release the 'normal' version, as it seems to have been out ages. I think vinyl might be a relatively unpopular pack-in.

Really tempted to order Second Sight's The Babadook LE as that's such a great film that I haven't seen since it came out. Plus the book that comes with it features exclusively essays on the film - exactly my jam.

I flicked through the book I got with Weathering With You the other day and it's really dull, just naff interviews with the cast etc who spend all their time praising the film and their co-stars up. It's basically a press junket in text form. Much prefer when you get a few critics or academics giving some considered views from different angles.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Here's the Babadook boxset.

Comment

The slipcase for the Ladykillers got a little bit damaged due to careless packaging from Amazon, which is a shame but it is what it is. This was a Prime Day £15 barg.

Le Cercle Rouge I was glad to find on eBay for £25. I'd been putting off picking it up for ages and then it suddenly vanished from absolutely everywhere, so it was a relief to find a copy before it was seemingly gone forever.

EDIT:

Spotted this the other day and felt it was appropriate for this thread:

Last edited by wakka; 23-06-2021, 16:29.

Comment

Some new KL’s for the weekend

Image 47-E8-C8-D3-C929-4-C02-A2-CC-E6-B291-BE442-E hosted in ImgBB

If you haven’t seen Narrow Margin before I highly recommend it

Comment

Couple of CEX picks. Been after the Night Tide LE for a while

Comment

Was tempted by the Night Tide LE back when it was on preorder but never pulled the trigger. Still a film I'd like to see.

Just checking that everyone who frequents this thread has spotted the HMV Premium Collection 2-for-£15 sale, it's here:

Me: I need to buy fewer Blu-rays
                            Also me: *sees HMV Premium Collection offer*

Looks like I picked the wrong week.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              Just checking that everyone who frequents this thread has spotted the HMV Premium Collection 2-for-£15 sale, it's here:

https://store.hmv.com/store/film-tv/...ium-collection
                              Good spot. Might pick up Chinatown (still never seen it )

Comment

Good lord! Hand in your Blu-ray addict badge.

Worth noting that it's one of those films where it's available on UHD digitally but not on disc. I own it on Apple as a result. I'll replace with a disc down the line if they ever do one.

Comment

Working...
                                X