No announcement yet.

Beers (and other alcohol beverages) thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know Wetherspoons had a cider festival on recently - 21st to 31st July. My local had at least 5 different ones on, including a couple of 'Champion of Britain' efforts. Worth keeping your eye on for future events.

I don't drink it myself, but there's always a popular cider and perry section at camra beer festivals, with really obscure stuff - you should get yourself along to them!

Comment

I've made some elderflower cider which is quite nice - just a little bit drier than the Koppaberg, a regular 'turbo' cider and a turbo with raspberries.
      The turbos are OK and are basically supermarket apple or apple/raspberry juice fermented out.
      The elderflower is from a Magnum kit which makes 40 pints

Comment

Went super retro last night and bought a 4 pack of holsten pils (I didn't even know they still made this) it hasn't changed (that's not necessarily a good thing) also saw a real blast from the past SKOL!! How the hell does this have a royal approval stamp? What next a revival of kestrel or hoffmeister for tonight there was no lager 77 in the shop so I though I would try some biere morietti (8 for ?8 sainsburys) will see how it goes

Comment

Just looking for a beer for tonight and noticed a new brewdog 'the end of history' 55% abv beer but ?500-?700 a bottle and served in a dead animal wtf?? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...tland-10725024

Comment

That not at all gimmicky is it! Brewdog taken to the nth degree

Comment

So went on a journey to tesco last night and I was awarded for my efforts with 4 tasty drinksKirin Ichiban (5%) ?1.49 - nice smooth lager better than asahi but not quite as good as Sapporo imo Brewdog Zeitgeist (4.9%) ?1.39 - black lager oh yes this is full of winBrewdog Alice Porter (6.2%) - ?1.79 - very very nice indeedSome random alcoholic root beer (4%) - rat piss

Comment

Alice Porter? I don't believe I've had that. Which Tesco? Dragonville?

Comment

I had a pint of Alice Porter recently. Not bad at all

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                    Alice Porter? I don't believe I've had that. Which Tesco? Dragonville?
                    Yup dragonville bottom corner of ye proper beer section

Comment

I may just pay it a visit.

Comment

I'm seriously considering going the home brew route like smouty how any advice I'll certainly have fun getting the bottles oh prinny pick up an old crafty hen as they were on offer last night ?1.75 don't know I'd they still will be though

Comment

Good stuff my auntie just brought me back a present from her Edinburgh trip a nice looking bottle of Tokyo* from brewdog Edinburgh pub and glass that will be an enjoyable evening tomorrow

Comment

Only collect brown bottles. Fuller's bottles don't seem to respond well to being re-capped either.

Comment

No problem with Fullers even with a two handled capper.
                              I got a lot of 660ml and a few 330ml Cobra bottles from the local Indian takeaway.
                              Also like Bulmers cider and Badger bottles both 500ml ish.
                              Avoid Wychewood bottles unless you have a bench type capper though.

There are some excellent kits around now especially the 'two can' ones such as Woodfordes Wherry.
                              You can make cheaper kits but it isn't worth it IMO. I bought a few cheap kits recently and I'll probably have to throw them they are so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
                                Good stuff my auntie just brought me back a present from her Edinburgh trip a nice looking bottle of Tokyo* from brewdog Edinburgh pub and glass that will be an enjoyable evening tomorrow
                                I was wrong it's not Tokyo* it's Black Tokyo Horizon the new one get it there will be drunk tonight looks like im going to have to start collecting brown bottles the horror

Comment

Working...
                                X