The Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No worries mate!

I will post some pics of it tomorrow as i think this thread deserves some pics to show what you're riding. Might put my big bum seat on it too, see how i get on with its original seat first.

Comment

You can see details of my current bike here:

It's the latest one on the list (Rocky Mountain Hammer).

Since taking that photo, I've changed to a black and more importantly functioning seat clamp.
      I need a new saddle very soon though. Mine is ripping at the edges and creaking horribly even when tight.
      My lights arrive tomorrow. Wooo.

Comment

My latest ride, not had for very long just a couple of months;

Comment

My light arrived. 1200lumens. I plugged it in and went completely blind. It's like looking at the sun.

Comment

Lovely paint job on that Cube dude.

Just to reiterate, this lamp is the most astonishingly bright thing I have ever seen.
            I put it down the other end of the house and still couldn't look straight at it.

Comment

Did you have to pay shipping for that lamp? Really fancy hitting the local cycle trail in the night time.

Comment

No. ?30 delivered. You can only win with this lamp. People with their ?450 "6-pack" lamps are going to feel a bit silly.

And with mine, the battery is separate (on a lead) so you can bring a spare and quickly switch them over without having to undo the entire unit - that's if you are going to ride for more than 3 hours....
                Last edited by charlesr; 06-09-2011, 17:30.

Comment

If you do get it, remember to grab a US plug to UK plug converter too. The charger is 240v compatible though.

Comment

I've been using the exact same light for the past 12 months, still going strong. Remember to charge it before each ride this time of year though, when the back of it goes red you don't get much time before it dies so watch out. Also get used to the abuse you get from fellow road users being blinded

Comment

Ah smart, although I think it's probably the P7 you have no? The T6 has only just come out.

What's the medium setting like in terms of road users? Or does that blind them too?
                      Loving the strobe setting. Will be like riding in Twin Peaks

Comment

I just realised this is a spot. Sorry. It does have flood, but it's not as bright at all in the flood zone. Pete, is yours a spot or a flood?
                        It comes with a helmet mount so it will be great for that.

I'll try it on the bars, but I'm expecting it to be too focuses.

Comment

I found this wide angle replacement lens. I may as well give it a go.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                            Lovely paint job on that Cube dude.
                            Cheers but just noticed Cube have updated all the paint jobs! Here's mine complete with bar ends.

Oh, and the light is excellent, looking for something bright for the winter, ticks all the boxes will more than likely pick one of these up in a month or so.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                              Ah smart, although I think it's probably the P7 you have no? The T6 has only just come out.

What's the medium setting like in terms of road users? Or does that blind them too?
                              Loving the strobe setting. Will be like riding in Twin Peaks
                              Ah yeah, I have the SSCP7. It is spot but haven't found that a problem, I've never been in a situation where I wished the light was wider

The medium setting is all I use, and yes you will still blind them! Get two of you side by side with the same light and have loads of fun confusing oncomers that you are some weird shape-shifting car

Comment

All of this cycling is killing me. I have gone to bed at half 10 and half 11 in the last 2 nights.

Comment

Working...
                                X