No announcement yet.

The Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big crash this morning, the new helmet took the full force with only a minor couple of marks
    certainly saved me again, can't believe that we never wore helmets what so ever
    First thing on now I'm softening up lol

We always film every run we do now just in case of crashes, plus to see where we can improve our riding, but mainly for crashes

yep my crash was caught in all its glory!! Ill put it on once I copy it of Facebook

Comment

Wow glad you're alright!

Comment

link to crash lol
        got up and carried on this was recorded on a sjcam 5000

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
          Wow glad you're alright!
          Thanks dude

no thanks button?

Comment

Originally posted by tyjay View Post
            Thanks dude

no thanks button?
            Ah yes. I was going to implement that.
            Also, your link doesn't work. You might have to make it public.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              Ah yes. I was going to implement that.
              Also, your link doesn't work. You might have to make it public.
              Ahh ok

Comment

Mountain Bike World Champs currently on BBC Red Button.

Comment

Evans cycles have 3 for 2 on some brands
                  most noticeable camelback gear. If you could be bothered you could order 3 bags sell 2 for near what u pay and end up getting yours for free
                  if your so inclined, I would if I hadn't just bought a camelback mule bag 3 weeks ago

last big ride probably this year of upto glentress in Scotland tomorrow morning couple of hours drive. Plan to make the most of the day new gear to try and test out and all that

then in forks will be sent to Evans cycles for a service/rebuild which is long overdue ready for next year abuse

saying that Evans has a nice Norco 7.4 full suss bike carbon frame that I'm tempted by hmmmmm

Comment

Went out yesterday and today. Yesterday, just some Strava speed attempts, but my legs were too tired, so was 4 seconds down from target (3:53). Today, just went for a ride in the woods and scared myself stupid a few times - Cross Mark on the back was sideways, big time, any time it got a bit muddy.

Comment

The Bicycle Thread

tyjay don't get your forks serviced by Evans cycles use tf tuned or mojo instead much better.

Yeah they got some good deals on bikes mondraker and norco to name a few.

I was checking out a norco sight or mondraker foxy r in local shop due to offers on them.

Charlesr, time for the mud tyres on bike soon?
                      Last edited by wod; 25-09-2015, 21:31.

Comment

Yeah. I already put the Baron on the front. If it rains some more, I'll get the MudX on the back, but the next few days look dry.

Comment

I did a review of the LED Lenser XEO19R. It's pretty epic.

Comment

This was a few years ago at Kielder ...

And this was a few days ago ...

I bought this as a cheap second bike for family hols (a neighbour's teenage son seems to be interested in things other than biking so I grabbed a bargain, helps he's over 6ft as well making it perfect for me ). It lacks the downhill thrills of the Bullit but it weights a fraction of that behemoth, making it a great all round xc bike.

I did the loop on my own last time but we did it as a family this time. We saw two other people in all of the 26 mile trail. Amazing. Kielder Water is such a beautiful place.

Comment

Cool pics of the lake. Nice looking bike that too.

Comment

I have a question about tyres and inner tubes.

About 2 weeks ago, I replaced my inner tube on my rear tyre due to a puncture, and today, on the way home, I've just burst the new tube. Of course I can just replace the new one, and I think I know why this has happened (recent storms have left a lot of debris on my route), but I've been using the same basic Continental tubes pretty much since I was a kid.

I've always been wary of more expensive tubes, because part of me has always wondered if they a bit of a con. Bike parts are a bit like A/V parts; like many bike parts can be bought for anything from £5 through to £500, and I'm on a bike worth scarcely over £150 which is only used for a flat, 2.5mile commute.

So seriously now; do things like slime tyres or solid tyres actually work? I can see you can buy solid tyres now for ~£40, and considering that they will never, ever suffer a puncture (as they're made of cellular foam) that seems like its worth the investment.

Comment

Working...
                                X