The Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bicycle Thread

Instead of my posting threads all of the time with regarding bicycle questions. I figured it would be really handy to have one thread dedicated to it offering all different kinds of information, like new bicycle recommendations & the latest information.

Anyways I'll start off with a really boring question, can anyone recommend me a decent lock. The one i have now is mega thick and i have to keep putting it in my bag. would love to have a decent one i can just have tied to my frame at all times. Also is it worth investing in some new handle bar grips, the ones i have at the moment are killing my hands.

Get some lock on grips with larger diameter outsides.

Comment

I have just bought a bicycle light for off road use. ?30 for something that would blind car drivers

And a US to UK converter plug.

I'll report back when it arrives

Last edited by charlesr; 13-08-2011, 07:52.

Comment

I was thinking of picking a light up myself, seen one on amazon with good review for ?6.50.

Comment

If it's this one, it looks like an LEDLenser copy, for which real ones are ?30+ I have one of the real ones and they are great as a spot torch - since this one is marketed as a bike light I guess it will have more flood. If not, it's not going to be much use on the road or trail. Loads of the reviews mention quality issues, but the company seems quick to ship replacements where needed.

Comment

Picked up my GT Aggressor today. It was ?299 last month but down to ?269 when I went in. Got that and a child seat for my daughter to ride in. She loves it and was not happy when we stopped.

Comment

The frame on those is supposed to be quite sweet. Worth upgrading when other bits fall apart.

Comment

Yeah it has a good rep and is nice and chunky. Suitable for the weight of me and my girl.

Comment

I'll post a real pic of mine soon, but this is what I picked up 2 yrs ago for 220. A Giant STP2.
                  I wanted something I could use around town & for some forest riding & for hucking about from time to time (my BMX days kick in every now n then ):

I've taken the front break off as I never use it. Theres 8 gears which is enough for me. I'm prob gonna eventually swap out the hard forks for some Rock Shox or Marzochii's soon
                  Last edited by EDDIE M0NS00N; 30-08-2011, 19:01.

Comment

Do you have any pics of that one Nakamura? I'm going to spending between ?200-?300 on a new bike. Can anyone suggest some good websites to have a gander? Would love to get me a nice new hybrid to replace the PoS i'm riding at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                      Can anyone suggest some good websites to have a gander? Would love to get me a nice new hybrid to replace the PoS i'm riding at the moment.
                      If you just want a gander then most bike manufacturer sites have pretty good pics from all angles & specs.
                      If you're after sites that sell then the 1's I always check for bikes/parts are www.chainreactioncycles.com, www.wiggle.co.uk & www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk

Comment

I can pop you a pic up tomorrow if you want Zero9X.

Comment

That will be great thanks Nakamura and the links eddie will check them out later.
                          Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 30-08-2011, 22:19.

Comment

Just went to Tredz and rode home with a Barossa Atlanta Hybrid for ?212. Rode it home while it was hammering down absolutly love it! Fast and light!

Hell of an improvement over the used deathtrap MTB i was riding previously!
                            Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 04-09-2011, 18:48.

Comment

Sweet!

I was just about to sort some pictures for you but no need now!

Comment

Working...
                              X