No announcement yet.

The Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all quick question but I was clearing out my garage the other day & came across my ancient Marin Quake 5.0 at the back
    Now it's not in the best shape but was wondering if anyone knew of any sites that might be worth listing it for sale other than EBay

Ta

Neil

Comment

Pinkbike

Comment

Thanks Charles
        Will get it cleaned up & ready to strip down

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          Take a look at her, can you imagine if she just turned up at a skate park and did this lot. Make sure you watch it all, you might think after a couple of tricks there is nothing else you can do on a bike;

...and now meet her sister;

Comment

Oh wow. Such grace. Flatland BMX is like that, but normally faster and frantic.

Comment

New bike arrived today!

50th birthday present from my wife. Useful when I have to go back to the office and avoid public transport. Vanmoof S3 electric.
              Last edited by gunrock; 21-07-2020, 14:50.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
                New bike arrived today!

50th birthday present from my wife. Useful when I have to go back to the office and avoid public transport. Vanmoof S3 electric.
                This looks very handy. Integrated lights front and back. Sleek mudguards. Overall nice look.

Happy Birthday!

Comment

Also new bike!

Comment

[MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION]: Ooh nice. Are those 24-inch or 26-inch wheels? Looks too big for 20-inch BMX wheels.
                    [MENTION=25]charlesr[/MENTION]: yeah, bike is electric pedal-assist. My current bike is pretty good (Alfine-11 based tourer) but when I go back to the office, rather than the fair-weather commuter I usually am, I'll be cycling everyday and on days when I'm feeling tired or the headwinds are nuts (Denmark is really flat but the winds can be frickin' constant because it's so flat, I live near Copenhagen airport, so its open runways, farmers fields on one side and the sea on the other. Like a bloody wind tunnel!) it's will be reet handy.
                    Last edited by gunrock; 21-07-2020, 22:55.

Comment

[MENTION=278]gunrock[/MENTION] I can’t see the image of your bike on my phone. Just shows a little square?

It’s a 26” cruiser. It’s pretty flat round here.
                      I love it because it’s so efficient. No derailers getting in the way of power getting to the wheels and no creaking parts as everything is cro-mo

A 20” was not really suitable at my age I felt!

Comment

[MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION]: yeah, kind of reminds me of the whole 26 inch Muddy Fox from the 80s.

Sorry bout the pic, try this:

Comment

Wow. Never seen anything quite like that [MENTION=278]gunrock[/MENTION]. Like some sort of stealth vehicle! Belt drive?

Comment

No, it's a chain, but sealed. Auto shifting gears (user configurable in app). My daughter was asked by her brothers how to describe it, she said "God with wheels".

Comment

Got myself a 2nd hand Brommie, it's for my plane photo's plan. They are on the heavy side though, it's heavier than my Cube mountain!

Anyway Aliexpress has a host of de-obesing remedies, starting with a Ti seatpost I've fitted today. That's over 200g saved.

Comment

ARISE!

Anyone watching Red Bull Rampage this year, Godzie and Brendog are absolute mad men.

Comment

Working...
                                X