No announcement yet.

Blade Runner 2049

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing about sequels is that they are the movies that define the legacy of the series, no pun intended but the second Tron film held its own and as a result held up that legacy. By holding its own I dont mean it was good, in fact i thought it was a pretty rubbish film (but then Im no fan of the first one either) but it was popular enough to make people remember the series.

Its funny but alot of us reading these threads on here probabaly dont realise that the general public are not as intrested in films as us and dont watch as many as we might expect. For instance they have just remade Conan, and even its star has said that he had not actualy seen the first Conan movie until after production on the remake had finished... how messed up is that?

Its a fact of life though. people are only concerened with the now and you have to make them interested in things right now or they wont care. A sequel to Blade Runner is really a great chance to introduce new people to what really is a remarkable world.

That is not a bad thing at all in my opinion.
    Last edited by rmoxon; 20-08-2011, 01:09.

Comment

I'd rather look forward to Blade Runner 2 than not even get the opportunity of a 'sequel'. Even if it's total ****e, the original will still stand proudly on its own.

It's doubtful the 'sequel' will even be taken seriously by the hardcore, anyway, but personally I think the prospect of it is quite a fun one, I am very intrigued by it.

If they f*ck it up, it gets disowned. It's a win/win situation.

Comment

I really hope they don't trample over the storyline as laid out in the successor novels, Jeter did a fantastic job on those and it would be a shame to splinter the universe. I'd love to see what they could come up with with modern effects now though.

Comment

Film director Ridley Scott gave a recent interview with The Wall Street Journal about the announced follow-up to his 1982 film classic “Blade Runner” at Alcon Entertainment. At last report it wasn’t known what kind of follow-up would be – all that was certain is that it would NOT be a remake or reboot. Now, […]

Ridley Scott discusses the film

Comment

Alcon Entertainment has denied online reports that original star Harrison Ford is in early talks to return as replicant hunter Rick Deckard in Ridley Scott’s upcoming follow-up to the 1982 science fiction classic “Blade Runner” reports Deadline. Alcon’s Andrew Kosove says “It is absolutely patently false that there has been any discussion about Harrison Ford […]

The direction of the film seems to be to make something connected to the original in the same way Prometheus is connected to the Alien series. Ford seems unlikely to appear.

Comment

With the film news world and even the producers quarrelling over Harrison Ford’s involvement in Ridley Scott’s in-development “Blade Runner” sequel, it comes as no huge shock that it’s up to the straight-talking filmmaker himself to clear things up and bring some common sense to all of this. Speaking with EW, Scott says it’s so […]

Ridley Scott cuts through everything saying the new film is barely an idea at the moment and mentions doing Prometheus 2 as well

Comment

In THIS interview with The Daily Beast, Sir Ridley Scott briefly references that BLADE RUNNER film we've lately ben hearing so much about. We learned yesterday that the picture will be set "some years after" Scott's stunning 1982 film, and...

Ridley Scott confirms that the upcoming sequel will have a female lead character

Comment

Ridley Scott has previously indicated his proposed “Blade Runner” follow-up will, though be set in the same universe as his 1982 classic, would almost certainly not involve Harrison Ford’s Deckard character in any major way. The filmmaker however didn’t rule out a brief appearance though, something he expanded on (albeit only slightly) to The Independent […]

Writing continues and Scott says that he's aiming to have Harrison Ford appear in some manner.

Comment

...which would mean that he isn't a replicant afterall.

Comment

“I don’t think it’ll be Harry [starring]” he explained. “But I’ve got to have him in it somewhere. That’d be amusing.”
                      Sounds more like an in-joke cameo appearance, I think Ridley still likes the idea that Decker was a replicant and therefore will feature new/different characters. Probably Fassbender as a new Blade runner seeing as he's appearing in EVERY FILM EVAAAA now!

Comment

In the Metro the morning there was an interview with Ridley Scott.
                        The last paragraph was very interesting.

There is a rumour you?ll be making a Blade Runner sequel.
                        It?s not a rumour ? it?s happening. With Harrison Ford? I don?t know yet. Is he too old? Well, he was a

Nexus-6 so we don?t know how long he can live

[laughs]. And that?s all I?m going to say at this stage.
                        Well that shouls end the endless speculation

Or he could be yanking our chain.
                        Last edited by smouty; 11-10-2012, 07:17.

Comment

If George Lucas has taught us anything, it's that directors can completely revise what they thought they were doing back in the day and can often just talk utter rubbish. And if Prometheus has taught us anything, it's that Scott doesn't quite have a handle on story. So even though the man made the film, I'd hardly take his word as gospel.

Comment

Things have been a bit confusing regarding Harrison Ford’s involvement in the currently in development “Blade Runner” sequel. Filmmaker Ridley Scott had previously stated he wanted Ford to reprise his role as Rick Deckard from the 1982 original. Then, the film’s producer Andrew Kosove said that the film would be a “total reinvention” and would […]

Ford has been chatting with Scott about the film

Comment

Filmmaker Ridley Scott is damn busy. With “Exodus: Gods and Kings” opening in December, and the Matt Damon-led “The Martian” due next November, he’s got a lot on his plate in the immediate future. But what of the other high profile sci-fi sequels he’s been working on – namely follow-ups to both “Blade Runner” and […]

Ridley Scott says the script is finished and just scheduling is in the way now

Comment

After all the years spent working on getting this to screen, Ridley Scott is passing on directing duties. A director will now be sought for filming next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X