No announcement yet.

New logo - anyone got an ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I played with Dogg's a bit. His LOGOS. Middle one probably doesn't work. It's a bit too q-like.

Forgive the lame Paint skillz. I like the last one. It's pseudo-Japanese flaggy.

Comment

Yeah, I quite like that last one too, TTK - you've made something quite different, and better, out of it. It's also something that could stand on its own in terms of becoming a recognisable logo or something to go with banners etc. You could actually vary the proportions to border a whole banner even. With, if desired, quite a small bordersdown.net centered along the bottom or something.

Also, it's the circle of life. Square of life.

Comment

Cheers

With text

Other advantages: it would be really easy to make in the Forza paint editor!

Comment

How about making the arrow a bit bigger. Try resizing it to height 130px - the arrow gets lost.

Comment

Meh, this idea seemed a lot better than it turned out in practice.

The thing that doesn't work most is the 'Down' but I can't figure out how to 'fix' it.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              How about making the arrow a bit bigger. Try resizing it to height 130px - the arrow gets lost.
              I'm not really sure what you mean about 130px, I'm using Paint so I have have practically no options for messing with or measuring stuff!

I tried to keep the arrow roughly the same width as the red border is. If anyone wants to play around with arrow sizes, they're welcome to

Comment

I think that logo looks good on its own but it hints at the whole site becoming very red coloured which would get wearing on the eyes.

Comment

Can you explain the logo to me? Wheres the B? Is the square the D? Or is it more abstract - the white border is going "down" as indicated by the arrow?
                  I mean, it looks nice and all it's just, I don't get it

Comment

Indeed, it's just a logo (I think - damn these waffly marketing types )

Comment

ttk, in paint, select the image and press resize and "pixels" and put 130 into the height box.

Comment

Widening the gap in the arrow should solve that. Something along these lines -

Arrow looks a bit off to the right there...

Comment

How about something with black borders like they actually were? Change the center white or some other colour and borders black?

Comment

I guess it's something that could vary in colour, whether black or otherwise. Someone with better design sense could probably make more of the colour but, like, you could use the middle to show a game image or something or just a flag for import reviews like this -

Sorry, TTK, I didn't know what font you used there. Anyway, just an idea. Still, I do personally like what TTK has done so it's probably worth playing with if anyone knows how to make more of it. But I'm sure there are loads more ideas out there. And have we really trumped the trousers down image yet?

Comment

Something different with the arrow, rather than widening it maybe:

And yeah, it could work in basically any colours depending on what game's being reviewed, I just like this colour combo (possibly because of Arsenal) and it does make a nice default for its odd sort-of Japanese flag resemblance, which was a total accident.

The font is Moire by the way
                              Last edited by toythatkills; 22-08-2011, 16:14.

Comment

.png's people. Those jpegs are melting my eyes.

Comment

Working...
                                X