Mortal Kombat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortal Kombat

It was inevitable. After the success of the recent digital series for Warner Premiere, New Line has hired “Fame” director Kevin Tancharoen to direct a reboot of the “Mortal Kombat” film franchise reports Heat Vision. Tancharoen directed “Mortal Kombat: Rebirth”, a short film that served as a proof of concept for a movie he was […]

After the recent web series Rebirth gained more unique viewers than the previous popular fake film trailer, New Line/WB has hired the fake trailers director Kevin Tancharoen to write and direct a full fledged movie reboot.

The film won't share any continuity with anything previous and will be a fresh start though, no word on styling.

A couple of key release date announcements today, with two major tentpoles set to vie it out on March 5th 2021. Yesterday Sony Pictures and Mattel Films set aside that date for their long-anticipated live-action “Masters of the Universe” adaptation starring Noah Centineo as He-Man. The film was originally to release at Christmas this year, […]

The new reboot movie will release 05 March 2021

Comment

As a kid I watched the original all the time. I watched it again last year, having not seen it since I was about 14. Its a poor film but I enjoyed 2 things about it.
      1. The scorpion vs Cage fight. Its probably the best fight in the movie (not saying much).
      2. It has a good atmosphere to it.

If the new one can capture the haunting/mystical atmosphere and have good fights, it could be ok. I don't expect much.

Comment

Yeah I have the first film on blu ray and it's well dodgy but I love it. The locations are superb by any standards though.

Comment

Actor and martial artist Joe Taslim (“The Raid,” “The Night Comes for Us,” “Fast & Furious 6”) will play the superpowered ice-shooting fighter Sub-Zero in the new live-action adaptation of the video game “Mortal Kombat” for New Line. The game follows a massive roster of character fighters from different realms in a fictional universe battling […]

Joe Taslim, from The Raid and Fast and Furious 6, has been cast as Sub-Zero

Comment

He's also great in The Night Comes For Us, if you've got Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              He's also great in The Night Comes For Us, if you've got Netflix.
              But if you don't have Netflix, he's really terrible in it.

Comment

You'll never know!

Comment

New Line Cinema has announced that filming is officially underway on the new “Mortal Kombat” film in South Australia with Simon McQuoid set to direct from a script by Greg Russo. Bringing the very popular and long-running video game series, the original games and earlier film adaptations followed a diverse range of fighters hailing from […]

Filming is now underway on the film, casting made up of:

Joe Taslim as Sub Zero
                  Ludi Lin as Liu Kang
                  Jessica McNamee as Sonya Blade
                  Josh Lawson as Kano
                  Tadanobu Asano as Raiden
                  Mehcad Brooks as Jackson “Jax” Bridges
                  Chin Han as Shang Tsung
                  Hiroyuki Sanada as Scorpion
                  Max Huang as Kung Lao
                  Sisi Stringer as Mileena

Comment

Warner Bros. Pictures has shifted around its release schedule for the next few years with some key tentpole release date announcements and shifts. First up, the “Mortal Kombat” reboot has been moved up six weeks to January 15th 2021. Currently filming in South Australia, the project has been fairly top secret but word leaking out […]

The release date has been changed to 15 January 2021 which is... hmm...

Comment

Amidst the streaming controversy Mortal Kombat has delayed again and will now release on 16 April 2021. Not an important shift but it shows that Warners 2021 dates still aren't final so some of the bigger upset projects such as The Matrix 4 (currently targeting Xmas 2021) could easily slip into 2022 and avoid the issue yet.

Comment

First images from the film:

Comment

Looks cheap and a bit rubbish. I am totally in.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            Looks cheap and a bit rubbish. I am totally in.
                            I was about to say, "it passes the first test - it looks like Mortal Kombat".

It looks silly. Great.

Comment

The first trailer for the new film adaptation of the ultra-violent “Mortal Kombat” video game franchise has set an arrival for this Thursday morning at 9am US-PST. Ahead of that launch, two animated character posters have arrived – ones for Sub-Zero and Kano. Warner Bros. Pictures’ R-rated adaptation of the property was produced by James […]

The first trailer will launch tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                              X