Dark Souls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ItsThere I'll have a rummage, cheers

EDIT: *hopes to find something called 'sword that can kill all the ghosts' in inventory*
    Last edited by Atticus; 13-06-2018, 10:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      I was getting invaded loads in Anor Londo
      I had this when I was playing this on 360 a year or so back.
      Did my nut in when I just wanted to play the game.
      My favourite bit was where I ran and hid behind the Giant Blacksmith and I could hear the guy running around and around trying to find me!

Comment

Anyway, onward through AL ... and those two

archer knights

have been making my life hell tonight, what a pain in the ass they are ... but finally got past them. Phew. Need a break now. Get that kettle on ... sweet relief ...
        I despised those cheap cretins. However I remembered I got some

semi-invisibility ring from that huge cat

and basically you can then pretty much just stroll up unnoticed and hoof them off the ledge. No need even to use a weapon. Most satisfying, sometimes, to 'out-cheap' these games..

Comment

@ItsThere I'll have a rummage, cheers

EDIT: *hopes to find something called 'sword that can kill all the ghosts' in inventory*
          Ha! If only DS were that simple or sensible!

Comment

There are two ways to kill ghosts:

with a cursed weapon or with any weapon while you are cursed.
            Cursed weapons are the two blades dropped by the ghosts themselves or with the Cursed Greatsword Of Artorias (boss weapon you can forge with the Soul of Sif).
            You can be cursed in two ways: with an item, the Transient Curse, but has a time limit (I'd say you'll need around 10 of those if you never visited the place). To get cursed you need to day by the Basilisk's cloud attack or by a boss' attack. You won't be under any time limit while cursed but your HP will be cut in half. To lif the curse you'll need a Purging Stone or talk to Ingward.

Oh, and about the invisble guys in the forest: you couldn't lock onto them in the first version of the game thanks to the right they wear. That ring was a quite valuable item in PvP.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              the Giant Blacksmith
              I agro'd the big guy by mistake, battling other beasties in the same room. Now he's mad at me

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                There are two ways to kill ghosts:

with a cursed weapon or with any weapon while you are cursed.
                Cursed weapons are the two blades dropped by the ghosts themselves or with the Cursed Greatsword Of Artorias (boss weapon you can forge with the Soul of Sif).
                You can be cursed in two ways: with an item, the Transient Curse, but has a time limit (I'd say you'll need around 10 of those if you never visited the place). To get cursed you need to day by the Basilisk's cloud attack or by a boss' attack. You won't be under any time limit while cursed but your HP will be cut in half. To lif the curse you'll need a Purging Stone or talk to Ingward.
                I don't have the strength stats to go down the first route ... second route most likely then. Cheers

Comment

Tomb of the Giants is a terrible area in NG. I don’t even bother going back for my Souls when I die. Having to carry a lantern instead of a shield makes it highly difficult indeed. I’m up to Nito now having only gained any levels from soul items I found. My humanity stocks are super low too. I’ve been trying to kindle as much as possible for NG+, but having to be unhollow is a total bastard. DSIII is a literal cakewalk compared to the original game.
                  Last edited by J0e Musashi; 13-06-2018, 18:09.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

You can invest in 14 INT and get the Light spell. Most characters start with one attunement slot and that's all what that spell needs. Or of course you can postpone the Tomb until you get to a certain point in Solaire's storyline...

Comment

I’ve done it so many times now, I can just run straight to the boss fight in the dark. No divine weapon because I sold everything, so I’m using the two rings and he can’t get past his own skeletons whilst I arrow him to death.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

So I can’t make +11 weapons. I’ve handed over the required ember, but none of my +10’s show in the list to reinforce. Is it a bug?

I reloaded and it’s working now. Phew.
                        Last edited by J0e Musashi; 14-06-2018, 13:56.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

NG should be a ten-hour affair I reckon. I’ve got Gwyn ready to go, but I thought I’d do the DLC first having never played it before. I’ve got some clearing up to do too. All available NG rings and magic etc, but what a game! I’d forgotten exactly how good it is. I reckon I’ll have the platinum by NG++.

Whilst I enjoy II, it really makes you wonder what happened. III is excellent current-gen gaming, probably my favourite game of recent times, but it’s just too easy. The original is something else. The difficulty is just right and the layout is beyond perfect.

I might even even go back to Lameborne and get the platinum for that afterwards. May as well get all four done I guess.

I’ve always hoped that they’ll Remaster Demon’s. That would be perfect, though I don’t hold much hope. Praise the Sun!
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                            NG should be a ten-hour affair I reckon. I’ve got Gwyn ready to go, but I thought I’d do the DLC first having never played it before. I’ve got some clearing up to do too. All available NG rings and magic etc, but what a game! I’d forgotten exactly how good it is. I reckon I’ll have the platinum by NG++.

Whilst I enjoy II, it really makes you wonder what happened. III is excellent current-gen gaming, probably my favourite game of recent times, but it’s just too easy. The original is something else. The difficulty is just right and the layout is beyond perfect.

I might even even go back to Lameborne and get the platinum for that afterwards. May as well get all four done I guess.

I’ve always hoped that they’ll Remaster Demon’s. That would be perfect, though I don’t hold much hope. Praise the Sun!
                            Agree with everything except "Lameborne"

Comment

I've been loving this but accidentally annoying the giant blacksmith has taken some of the wind out of my sails (I was all ready to buy a bunch of large titanite and upgrade a shield). It's reversible of course but the cost of Absolution does NOT represent good value for souls. Bloody rip-off.

Comment

I've been loving this but accidentally annoying the giant blacksmith has taken some of the wind out of my sails (I was all ready to buy a bunch of large titanite and upgrade a shield). It's reversible of course but the cost of Absolution does NOT represent good value for souls. Bloody rip-off.

The merchant in Sen's sells Large Titanite too.

Comment

Working...
                                X