Dark Souls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
    Tomb of the Giants is a terrible area in NG. I don’t even bother going back for my Souls when I die. Having to carry a lantern instead of a shield makes it highly difficult indeed. I’m up to Nito now having only gained any levels from soul items I found. My humanity stocks are super low too. I’ve been trying to kindle as much as possible for NG+, but having to be unhollow is a total bastard. DSIII is a literal cakewalk compared to the original game.
    When I played it originally I disliked it too.
    However having played it again recently I absolutely loved it!

Likely because as I'm running a faith build so when I did stumble into a skeleton it was lighting spear to the face before they could really get started. I loved creeping around using the lamp though. You see see the skeletons eyes before you see them it's insanely creepy!

For this build it was an amazing change of pace and worked like a charm

They dealt with it better in Bloodborne as you could light the lamp and then have it hooked onto belt so you could continue with the light and being able to fight. In BB it was still possible to see things even without the light though

Would love to see an idea done like this again. Where you LITERALLY can't see a thing unless you have a lamp.

Comment

It’s amazing how quickly you fly through NG+. I always seem to be slightly OP at this stage. 60 DEX with a +15 Uchi is naughty. I did seven bosses in just over hour this morning. I didn’t bother with the DLC in NG as I just wanted to get through it so I could go to town in NG+. I plan to do everything this time through.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I saved up (and beat the

Stray Demon

which upped my soul purse) and got Absolution, so me and big blacksmith are tight again.

I've seen posts about +15 weapons, what do I need to do this?

Comment

The very large ember. It's found in New Londo Ruins. You'll likely die trying to get it unless you have both the Ring of Fog and the Slumbering Dragoncrest rings as it's guarded by some very tough enemies.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
            The very large ember. It's found in New Londo Ruins. You'll likely die trying to get it unless you have both the Ring of Fog and the Slumbering Dragoncrest rings as it's guarded by some very tough enemies.
            Ah, I definitely don't have that. Cheers for the info

Comment

I stopped playing and sold the the remaster in short time. It's still a good single player game, with plenty to admire, the level design and atmosphere in particular remain unbettered in my opinion, but the gameplay and mechanics seem dated and rigid which makes the pvp side of things a bit of a joke and so I've gone back to Dark Souls III. Ultimately it's a very lazy port. A cash grab no less. I would have much preferred a complete remake - Shadow of the Colossus style, using the Dark Souls III engine and mechanics.

Comment

No sooner had I bought some Pyromancy from Laurentius he's bloomin' skedaddled (while I was away earning souls). Always on a knife-edge this game Is there anyone else who can upgrade pyromancy?

Comment

Yep,

a secret character, Eingyi. You need to defeat Queelag, find a secret entrance, and talk to the first character you see whilst infected by parasites. You'll also gain acces to a new covenant.

Comment

And once your pyromancy flame is upgraded to +10 a new character will appear in the swamp in Blighttown who can upgrade it from a +15 flame to an ascended flame.

Comment

Is Dark Souls II any good?
                      Nobody seems to mention it (even outside of this Dark Souls 1 thread).
                      Demon's, Dark 1 and 3 all have a lot of praise, but never hear anyone gushing about 2.

Comment

II is alright. It's worth playing through it. There's something about it that doesn't feel quite right, but it has the best bosses of any of the Souls games. Play it on a PS4 Pro if you can as it's locked at a constant 60FPS, which makes said bosses easier.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I'm no expert but I think DSII is great. It has a slightly different mood to the others, and might have actually been made by a different team or director, I'm not sure ... but I like the fact it's familiar but different. Deffo recommend a play if you enjoyed any of the others.

Comment

Well, I've played and liked Demon's and Dark 1, so I was thinking of doing them sequentially.

I get confused at to what's been released, what I've got, what I've got on PS+/Live, what's been released and what's been remastered!

Demon's: PS+ (PS3) and remastered
                            Dark: Live (360)
                            Dark II: Never been free and it's not BC on the One.
                            Dark III: nothing yet.

EDIT: It'd need a dupe glitch for me to be able to play it!

Comment

Dark Souls and II have been remastered. III is current gen though, so it doesn't need to be.

It's unwise to play III before any of the others as it plays much faster. It can be difficult to go back to Souls and II afterwards.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Yeah, that's confirmed what I thought, cheers.
                                I've got some other stuff to play first, so may go back next time it's on sale (it's about £8 at the moment).

Comment

Working...
                                X