The Import PS Vita thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J0e Musashi
    You can use bluetooth headsets. I dunno quite how cross game chat would work as Party is it's own app.

Most of the apps can run in the background when a game is running. The only app which closes currently running games that I've found is the web browser. Everything else can keep the game running in the background.

Originally posted by gware
    So what's the deal with accounts? Can you use different memory cards for JP and US accounts and not have to format the system?
    This has been answered a few times already, but okay: To keep different accounts and run them on the same Vita, you need to keep them on separate memory cards. To switch between them you need to power the system down fully, take the memory card out, reboot the system, reset to factory settings via the Settings app, then power down fully again and insert your other memory card with your alternate account.

The only data that you lose by doing this are your 'Near' stats. (Kinda like Street Pass on the 3DS)

Comment

Wake Up Club, Paint Park and yuusha no Kiroku (Badman) are all up today for free.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

You can rescue the Near stats with a system backup.

I've found its easiest to remove the memory card, do a system backup (which is then fast), reset to factory defaults, then choose your different account (followed by restoring that account).

I've also started just managing different game installs directly with Content Manager, rather than switching memory cards. A single app backup includes any install, saves, and patches, so its quite simple to do.

I'm still not completely clear about how important system activation/de-activation is though during this process. Doing things via factory reset no longer warns me about deactivation.

Oh, and after all that - the JPN store only really gives you the Gravity Daze demo over the EUR/US one.

Comment

The JPN store offers way more than just the GD demo. You can get the full game of Samurai & Dragons for free amongst other things.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
          X