No announcement yet.

The Import PS Vita thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

was going to hold out for HK version, but i've managed to secure a Japanese Launch Unit at cost. Hopefully can be Fed-Ex to me before Christmas. Now... what games to pick up.....

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
      I'm getting mine from NCSX with Uncharted, Minna no Golf, Ridge Racer & an 8Gb Memory Stick for $900 including shipping.

Hopefully it'll arrive pre-Xmas so I've got something to do Xmas Day other than eat & watch ****e TV.
      Isn't that around ?600, plus ?150 or so if it gets stopped by customs? Doesn't sound worth it to me at that price,but it's your money... My 60GB PS3 with a game came to ?400 after customs, potentially you'll be paying nearer double that... And the PS3's surely a lot bigger and heavier than a PSVita!

Comment

It'd almost be cheaper to go there on holiday and pick one up yourself by the sounds of it!

Comment

Originally posted by Party boy View Post
          Isn't that around ?600, plus ?150 or so if it gets stopped by customs? Doesn't sound worth it to me at that price,but it's your money... My 60GB PS3 with a game came to ?400 after customs, potentially you'll be paying nearer double that... And the PS3's surely a lot bigger and heavier than a PSVita!
          I've never had anything stopped by customs from NCSX. Region free & 2 months before anybody I know - worth the price as far as I'm concerned!

EDIT:

PSVita Wi-fi & 3G with 100 hour prepaid card $550 (?354)
          8Gb Memory Card $56 (?36)
          Ridge Racer $59 (?38)
          Minna no Golf 6 $79 (?50)
          Uncharted $89 (?57)
          Shipping $89 (?57)

With the exception of Uncharted the rest of it isn't too bad of a price.
          Last edited by teddymeow; 23-11-2011, 19:25.

Comment

Fair play to anyone who will get the enjoyment from this to feel compensated for the price hike but that's roughly an extra ?180 for the sake of 7-8 weeks

Comment

Paying over the odds to have something before anybody else is what importing has always been all about.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                Fair play to anyone who will get the enjoyment from this to feel compensated for the price hike but that's roughly an extra ?180 for the sake of 7-8 weeks
                I'm starting to get pre-buyers remorse after the Ridge Racer news.

EDIT: Cancelled my pre-order now. Will wait until Feb & buy more stuff.
                Last edited by teddymeow; 24-11-2011, 11:37.

Comment

Only just read about RR Vita...Are Namco-Bandai taking the piss!?

And people think that the Vita will outdo the 3DS?

Comment

Well it will certainly give 3DS a good run for it's money, crappy Ridge Racer or not it's impressive hardware.

Comment

It'll be a cracking handheld in the long run but it won't even challenge the 3DS for popularity on any level. It's essentially exactly the same situation as with the PSP. By the time it comes with a memory card and at a reasonable price (which is basically what's wrong with it) the battle will be over. It's quite interesting how the most powerful handheld always loses the race.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                        It'll be a cracking handheld in the long run but it won't even challenge the 3DS for popularity on any level. It's essentially exactly the same situation as with the PSP. By the time it comes with a memory card and at a reasonable price (which is basically what's wrong with it) the battle will be over. It's quite interesting how the most powerful handheld always loses the race.
                        3DS popular? First I heard about it - hardly anyone I know owns one and many have sold them. Of course the usual mario kart launch will guarantee millions for nintendo; (guys arent you all a wee bit fed up with mario kart by now?). Love the way you have pretty much written off the vita success, before its even launched lol
                        any chance I could borrow your crystal ball to get this weeks lottery numbers? ;-)
                        Last edited by dvdx2; 25-11-2011, 09:08.

Comment

Disappointing to Nintendo and its share holders as the 3DS's figures have been they have none the less been higher than the NDS's and have been solidly improving for a while now. It's simply impossible to underestimate the power some of Nintendo's brands have, some gamers (myself for the most part of late) might have tired of some franchises like Mario Kart but at closing 30m sales to date for the Wii version alone dwarfs the power that most 'mega brands' have and only requires a tenth of that number to pick up the 3DS one to cause a large increase in sales. It's also no more tiring than having Ridge Racer, Resistence, Wipeout, Everybody's Golf etc churned out again.

The 3DS had its predecessors momentum and franchises to build on (which it initially failed to do) which outside Japan the PSP/Vita doesn't have due to the older formats decline. What's probably the most hilarious is how quiet Vita fans are about the price compared to when ?220 was too much for a 3DS due to the rise of mobile gaming. As though a ?230 minimum system with an almost essential requirement for an overpriced memory card is a bargain. Yes it's more powerful but general consumers just don't care. When the Vita has the memory bundled in for ?199 or less, then you'll see solid ground made.

EDIT: I should probably clarify, I'm not expecting the Vita to fail, it'll likely do as well as the PSP's good lifetime numbers. Simply that those expecting some kind of crushing defeat of the 3DS or an all conquering launch would be wise to lower their expectations.
                          Last edited by Neon Ignition; 25-11-2011, 10:26.

Comment

In fairness though, talk of how unfallible Nintendo and their brands are remind me of when Sony were apparently unfallible and how Microsoft never stood a chance with their 360. If we've learnt anything over this generation, it's that no brand is unfallible, and no-one can be written off as down and out either.

I have no doubt that Nintendo can become extremely successful with the 3DS and the WiiU, but it's up to them to prove it.

Comment

Absolutely, however it'll still take quite a lot to shake Nintendo's grip. It's slightly different to the more turbulent console market as Nintendo has led every handheld generation and there's a very default mindset to many consumers which sees the Nintendo name attached to the idea of handhelds much like Apple is to mp3 players at the moment. Sony has made massive strides though in one generation.

Comment

If we look at it from a market point of view this is Nintendos 'god knows how many' handheld, this is Sony's 2nd handheld games console. To have made as much ground as they did with the PSP vs DS time, as I said before Vita will give 3DS a good run.
                                AR, dual analogs, higher spec and a touchscreen to boot, it's what all developers would want in a handheld, 3DS analog add-on shows that was a big mistake not having that on the 3DS to start.
                                No doubt next year 3DS will be revised with dual analogs.
                                Interesting times ahead.

Comment

Working...
                                X