No announcement yet.

Amazon UK Black Friday Deals (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I take it they're notoriously slow online retailer?

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
      They're a notoriously awful delivery company. Your chances of getting an item on time are about 10%. Your chances of getting it at all aren't that much better.

Comment

What's Yodel?
        They are terrible!!

Amazon shipped my Arkham City box set using them & it took 3 failed attempts before it finally arrived.

I couldn't specify a new delivery address & if I wanted to collect from the depot I had an almost 2hr round trip to the nearest collection point.

Only things I'm ever ordering from Amazon now are DVD's & Blu-rays that will fit through the letter box.

Never encountered such a ****e courier firm in all my life.

Neil

Comment

X-Men: Destiny and TinTin I imagine (google "Every choice has a consequence; determine your destiny")

Edit: Seems I forgot to quote, which makes my post look a bit random

Comment

Bah, ****ty X-Men game at a ****ty price.

Amazon have improved this year's BF, but only slightly. Items are no longer selling out in half a second, but that's only because of a random, dire selection of products with only good not great savings.

Comment

got jurassic park blu ray for ?23

Comment

I got a parcel from yodel a couple of days back. Their courier was a young lad (16 ish) getting driven round by his Dad

Saying that he was carrying my hardcover Skyrim guide shipped from Amazon US and 5 days door to door is pretty damn good!

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                  Picked up those Etnies shoes for ?22 earlier, not a massive saving but not bad since I needed some trainers anyway. iPhone just about made it through the process in time, as I was trying to use uni's WiFi before a lecture began!
                  that will be my tactic if anything comes up when I'm at uni. Didn't mind the look of those shoes actually but by the time I saw it I guess the 10s must have long sold out as were coming up at ?35 or something...

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
                  Had that in my basket but recon it'll be ?17.99 before christmas (Play.com Mega Monday 1st week december maybe?) Still a good price tho
                  See EDDIE_M0NS00N's posts in the irks thread for further clarification

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
                    That's not a fantastic deal.

Comment

It was the trilogy, he probably should have made that clear.

Comment

I'm well aware.

Comment

I got the Jurassic Blu Ray set for around that on here weeks ago, go Team Bordersdown!!

Comment

Originally posted by koopatroopa90 View Post
                            that will be my tactic if anything comes up when I'm at uni. Didn't mind the look of those shoes actually but by the time I saw it I guess the 10s must have long sold out as were coming up at ?35 or something...
                            I bought tens. Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                              I'm well aware.
                              So what makes it not a fantastic deal then? Obviously fantastic would probably be ?10 but it sounds like you mean it was a crap deal.

Comment

The Jurrasic Park set is up again and really hasn't gathered that much interest (been there for an hour with less than half sold). It is certainly the best price if you want them now (and hence a good deal) but not something I would regard as fantastic - that comes in at ?17.99.

Really hoping they'll do a deal on the complete SW saga later in the week, ?40 would be nice
                                Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                                I bought tens. Sorry
                                First Dobby dies and now this? I'm not sure I can go on any longer...

Comment

Working...
                                X