Amazon UK Black Friday Deals (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon UK Black Friday Deals (?)

I see Amazon UK are having a Black Friday sale. The U.S Black Firday deals always look amazing so I wondered if anyone has any idea what the UK version will be like. Did they do it last year? If so what was it like for video games?

They did it last year. 360s for ?50 is the deal that stuck out most in my mind!

Comment

They did it last year, it is basically a list of products that will be available in a limited quantity at a certain time on a certain day. So for example they might have 2000 Wiis to sell at ?50, and they might make them available at 6pm on Wednesday 30th. You'll have to get the item in your basket before they sell out, although last year (and probs this year) you had 24 hours to decide whether you actually wanted to check out with it.

Last year they did actually have Wiis for ?50, that goldeneye Wii game with the golden controller for ?30, Xbox slims, ps3s, other random games, TVs, watches and anything else you can think of. Most of the time the prices were decent but not amazing and anything good sold out within seconds. I was using a mobile internet dongle and didn't even have a chance with the good stuff!!

Comment

I want a new 360 to install the RGH on so I'll be keeping my eyes peeled..

Comment

Good luck. I hope that Amazon will counteract things like customers auctioning deals being held in their baskets, as they did last year.

Comment

It'd be too hard for them to do so really. I'm just hoping I have a chance this year as I'm sporting a 30mb connection. Did get a nice watch for a tenner last year though...

Comment

Signed up to email notifications, facebook and twitter ones. I don't even use twitter.

Comment

Just checked their page- they're allowing people to keep items in their basket at the discount price for a maximum of fifteen minutes. I look forward to the entitled cries of whining would-be profiteers in the comments section of each deal.

Comment

A maximum of 15 minutes sounds overly generous to me. I'd say no more than 5!

Comment

It`s all much clearer now! Still I`ll give it a shot. Let us know if you pick up anything special.

Comment

Do you need special software to bag the good deals. They seem to get snapped up in milliseconds at times.

Comment

Comment

What time do the deals start? Quite early on?

Comment

9am tomorrow

Comment

There's only one Black Friday...

Comment

Working...
                              X