Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Street Fighter Zero 3 Saikyo-ryu Dojo Vs. 3 Saikyo-ryu Dojo for Matching Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Street Fighter Zero 3 Saikyo-ryu Dojo Vs. 3 Saikyo-ryu Dojo for Matching Service

Street Fighter Zero 3 Saikyo-ryu Dojo for Matching Service is one of only a few games I want but have yet to pick up for my Dreamcast. However, I have been unable to find any real information about the features/modes that the game has and wondering if anyone on here has a copy and confirm if there is anything different to that of the original, or is it just the same game with a now defunct online mode, and an awesome cover?

I think that out of all the Street Fighters, Zero 3 is probably the SF game (other than CvS) that i have plowed the most time into and a few extra modes might make a purchase worth it but if its just for the cover then its hard to justify the 5000yen or so the game would cost.
    Last edited by tokyochojin; 24-11-2011, 00:17.

As far as I remember the SFZ3 re-release on Dreamcast is just the same again with online play. Considering the system's 2D prowess, it's lousy version and just a port of PS1 edition. There's animation missing and issues wtih sprite sizes and collision detection. The Saturn version is superb as is the PS2 alpha compilation. This should of been on XBL years ago.....

Comment

Exact same game? Bah, other than for completists sake it's not worth it then I guess. I'll have to keep waiting and if a cheap copy ever pops up i might get it.

As for the DC version being a port of the PS1 edition, I thought it was based on the Naomi version that's still in the arcades over here?
      The PS2 compilation version is missing World Tour mode etc, and while it's good, I prefer the DC stick to anything that I have for my PS3 so I play that over anything else. Don't understand how the Saturn version is a better port considering the 2D capabilities of the Dreamcast too.

Comment

The Saturn version is excellent. I couldn't really see any difference between it and the arcade and I pretty much had to re-sit my first year at college because of it

Comment

Originally posted by tokyochojin View Post
          As for the DC version being a port of the PS1 edition, I thought it was based on the Naomi version that's still in the arcades over here?
          The PS2 compilation version is missing World Tour mode etc, and while it's good, I prefer the DC stick to anything that I have for my PS3 so I play that over anything else. Don't understand how the Saturn version is a better port considering the 2D capabilities of the Dreamcast too.
          The Naomi version was released after the Dreamcast port (and was basically an arcade version of the DC game). However, compared to the CPS-2 original game, the Dreamcast port used a different resolution which messed up the hitboxes. The Saturn version (which actually came out after the DC port) did not have this problem and was pretty much a perfect port of the arcade game.

The DC version really isn't very good at all.

In answer to your original question, whilst in terms of content the two versions of the DC game are identical (bar the online mode), there is one technical difference between the two.

The original port of Street Fighter Zero 3 for the DC does not support RGB mode (the game refuses to load when an RGB cable is connected). This was fixed for the PAL version and the Matching Service version.

Comment

Thanks guys. Although I've been perfectly happy with the DC version for all these years i now suddenly have the itch to go and fish out a Saturn with Zero 3, the cover art alone is worth it.

....that and the best Vs. title of all time Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter!

Are there any good sticks for the Saturn though?

Comment

HSS-0136.

Comment

There's a copy on ebay at the moment at ?30. Not sure if that's a good deal or not for you?

Comment

Cheers mate, i will keep an eye on it and see if it gets re-listed for slightly cheaper.

Comment

issues wtih sprite sizes
                    The Saturn also has this issue, whereby the Saturn sprites are slightly larger than their arcade counterparts.

The Naomi version is the Zero Upper version, which obviously does not have the world tour mode etc. etc.

The Saturn has one extra mode, I forget the exact name of it - but it's basically the one where you can do 1 v 2 against the CPU. I believe the Saturn version has the choice between 1 v 2 or 2 v2 - actually I know this as I owned both DC versions and the Saturn version for a long time. The best version to go for is the Saturn, the loading times are very minutely longer, but as has already been stated the DC hit-boxes are a tad off.

The PS1 has it's merits, in the fact that you have to 'unlock' Guile and some extra characters, whereas they are already playable from the off on the DC and Saturn versions.
                    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Working...
                    X