Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can’t wait!!!

Comment

Reviews are coming in, and they're mostly very good. The odd one giving it a middling score.

With a smarter story, funnier dialogue and more nausea-inducing aerial stunts, Top Gun: Maverick outpaces the 1986 original, writes Nicholas Barber.

★★★★☆“Trust your instincts. Don’t think. Just do.” That’s the new mantra of legendary fighter pilot Pete “Maverick” Mitchell (Tom Cruise) in this belated and gl

After more than thirty years of service as one of the Navy’s top aviators, Pete “Maverick” Mitchell (Tom Cruise) is where he belongs, pushing the envelope as a courageous test pilot and dodging the advancement in rank that would ground him. When he finds himself training a detachment of Top Gun graduates for a specialized mission the likes of which no living pilot has ever seen, Maverick encounters Lt. Bradley Bradshaw (Miles Teller), call sign: “Rooster,” the son of Maverick’s late friend and Radar Intercept Officer Lt. Nick Bradshaw, aka “Goose”. Facing an uncertain future and confronting the ghosts of his past, Maverick is drawn into a confrontation with his own deepest fears, culminating in a mission that demands the ultimate sacrifice from those who will be chosen to fly it.

Comment

Need For More Speed: Miles Teller Reveals He’s In Talks With Tom Cruise For Top Gun 3 After ‘Maverick’ Tops $1bn At Box Office (yahoo.com)

Miles Teller suggests he's been involved in some talk for Top Gun 3

No - no - no. Cruise needs to resist this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          Need For More Speed: Miles Teller Reveals He’s In Talks With Tom Cruise For Top Gun 3 After ‘Maverick’ Tops $1bn At Box Office (yahoo.com)

Miles Teller suggests he's been involved in some talk for Top Gun 3

No - no - no. Cruise needs to resist this one.
          They can't resist that money but yeah, bad idea. I loved Maverick but it was entirely nostalgia (and a love of fighter jets). As a standalone movie with no history this probably (hard to tell because I can't just erase prior life experiences) wasn't really a great film. Maybe it was. Any youngsters here enjoy this in isolation?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
            They can't resist that money but yeah, bad idea. I loved Maverick but it was entirely nostalgia (and a love of fighter jets). As a standalone movie with no history this probably (hard to tell because I can't just erase prior life experiences) wasn't really a great film. Maybe it was. Any youngsters here enjoy this in isolation?
            All I can say is I've never seen the first movie yet Maverick s the ONLY movie I've seen twice on the cinema. I'm also or was not a fan of Tom Cruise. Never watched any of his movies. But I did like Maverick.
            Last edited by Yakumo; 12-07-2022, 22:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
              All I can say is I've never seen the first movie yet Mavwis the ONLY movie I've seen twice on the cinema. I'm also or was not a fan of Tom Cruise. Never watched any of his movies. But I did like Maverick.
              There you go then; I'm wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                There you go then; I'm wrong!
                Or maybe I'm just strange

Comment

Why haven't you gone back and watched the original yet? Knowing your taste in music, the time period etc, I reckon you would love it!

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                    Why haven't you gone back and watched the original yet? Knowing your taste in music, the time period etc, I reckon you would love it!
                    I don't know. Probably because Tom Cruise of that time was a bit of a twat. Main reason why I'd never watch anything with him in until TopGun Maverick. Maybe I should go and check out the original.

Comment

I hated the younger era Cruise. I don't think it was till he got 'older' that he seemed to come across as having any sort of relatability and the quality of his films improved a lot. Mission: Impossible onwards has been an increasing gold rush

Comment

"Top Gun: Maverick" Sets Home Release - Dark Horizons
                        With the sequel still bringing in the money at the big screen Paramount is staggering its home release of the film to maximise the $$$

The film will become available to buy or rent digitally from 23 August 2022

If you want to buy it physically you're looking at a release date of 01 November 2022

Comment

Working...
                        X