Top Gun 2: Maverick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Gun 2: Maverick

Tom Cruise has confirmed he’s been in talks about being a part of the forthcoming “Top Gun” sequel Cruise tells MTV News that he is keen to re-team with director Tony Scott – “I said to Tony, I want to make another movie with him. He and I haven’t made a film since Days Of […]

It's been known for a while that Tony Scott had been looking into it but Tom Cruise has confirmed discussions have begun. Initial chatter mentioned showing how modern fighters rely on remote piloting which would make for a pretty dull film. Here's hoping it's more Ace Combat than IT Crowd
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 06-03-2018, 07:57.

Jerry Bruckheimer Films and Skydance Productions will produce the sequel to the 1986 Tom Cruise hit.

Peter Craig, writer of The Town, has been hired to write the sequel

Comment

Possibly using F-35s as the plane in the film: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/03/02/top_gun_2/

Comment

Top Gun is Plough Boy's favourite film. The sad bastard.

He'll claim he likes planes and action. But in reality he likes sweaty machismo, mullet pop and cheesy one-liners/bell-ends.

He'll be hoping that Top Gun 2 has twice as many bell-ends.

Comment

Well, Cruise is supposed to be involved too so it's possible.

Comment

My missus is all over this but I just can't see how a modern day version would work, it's an odd one to come back to after all this time for a sequel.

Comment

“Top Gun 2” is still happening according to Jerry Bruckheimer, and its plot is as modern as ever. The super producer stopped by Appearing on HuffPost Live on Friday to discuss his new book, producer Jerry Bruckheimer says that plans for a “Top Gun” sequel are still happening. Bruckheimer tells Ricky Camilleri that it has […]

Bruckheimer says the sequel is still moving ahead and describes the aim of the plot

Comment

Speaking at the Berlin press junket for the upcoming release of “Terminator Genisys,” Skydance Productions CEO David Ellison and CCO Dana Goldberg have discussed with Collider some of the other projects on the company’s slate including some fairly high profile sequels – namely “Top Gun” and “Jack Reacher” follow-ups. In regards to “Top Gun 2,” […]

Still apparently coming, the script is still actively being worked on as they try to iron out the details of the tale which will see Maverick involved in a plot focused on drones and the potential end of the fighter pilots era.

Doesn't sound like Top Gun. If the first film was owned by Hasbro it would have been called Topgunners: Chick Flicks in Disguise
                My missus doesn't care about drones, she just wants to know who Cruise will be romancing this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                  I don't care care about drones, I just want to know who Cruise will be romancing this time.
                  fixed

anyway this was always a mess favourite on board ships and I just didn't get it, never liked the original

Comment

In regards to "Top Gun 2," Justin Marks is currently writing the screenplay which will be very much about contemporary times and involve "drone technology and fifth generation fighters" along with exploring the end of an era of dogfighting and fighter pilots.
                    Throw in a love triangle between two pilots and a singer and you've got Macross Plus.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                      Throw in a love triangle between two pilots and a singer and you've got Macross Plus.
                      I thought exactly the same thing.

Well, I thought "is this going to be Black Swan/Perfect Blue all over again" but that's pretty much the same thing.

Next week the director's going to say he's never heard of Macross Plus before we find out he optioned the film rights to it in the 90s.

Comment

Val Kilmer has revealed that he’s set to reprise his role of ‘Iceman’ in the sequel to the fighter jet action thriller “Top Gun”. The project has been gestating for years and hit a stumbling block a few years ago when director Tony Scott tragically passed away. The project now has new life again in […]

Kilmer confirms his return

Comment

He can now fit in a fighter cockpit again.

Comment

A couple of key upcoming blockbusters in 2019 have seemingly set filming dates for later this year. First up, Omega Underground reports that Joseph Kosinski’s “Top Gun: Maverick” will begin shooting this Summer, specifically in July with the shoot to run through until around Thanksgiving. Tom Cruise leads the film and was previously circling the […]

Filming starts in July

Comment

Oooooooooh, live action Sonic movie with Junkie XL soundtrack on the horizon, too.

It'll be like waiting for a sticky satchel full of cold sick, bloody mucus and tramps' faeces covered in fleas and bluebottle cocoons.

Comment

Working...
                              X