Metal Gear Rising : Revengeance By Platinum Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metal Gear Rising : Revengeance By Platinum Games

Can't find a thread for this, but hey, this news is threadworthy in itself.

A new english trailer for MGS:Rising got leaked ahead of the VGA awards tommorow and holy cow it looks awesome.

It was always going to be a day one purchase, but coming from the hands and minds behind Devil May Cry, Viewtiful Joe and Bayonetta! That puts aside any worries that it could of in fact been rubbish (sorry kojima).

Exciting!

All the youtube videos have been pulled, so there is a good chance the Kotaku link will be down shortly too.

It appears the trailer for the next Metal Gear game, Metal Gear Rising, has leaked ahead of the Spike Video Game Awards. If it's real, it contains an interesting little conclusion.
    Last edited by EvilBoris; 10-12-2011, 22:56.

Wow! That trailer is WILD. I love it.

Now called Metal Gear Rising: REVENGEANCE

Comment

Quite the reboot.

I hope that Platinum aren't too hamstrung by having to adhere to any groundwork Kojima Productions had originally laid down - certainly looks like it couldn't be further removed from the awkward melon-cutting from a year or so back.

Got to admit, I was won over once the mech-throwing started.

Comment

for those that can't wait http://www.mediafire.com/?uk6cg92bf0bsrwg Its in FLV but dannnggg, that looks fun. They've taken the cut anything gameplay and moved it to finishers so they could speed up the gameplay by the looks of it, vanquish with swords .

Comment

Yeah it looks like the tech they must of made for cutting melons has carried across, but as you say, it seems to be a bit more throwaway than those first videos suggested

Comment

Looks great, I'm glad they dropped solid from the title too, and revengence is a hilarious subtitle, looks very appropriate going by the trailer.

Comment

This game does just look insania, Platinum Games behind it with Kojima Pro support it's ticking all the boxes also look how Castlevania: LoS turned out with Kojima Pro support, not bad at all.
              Exciting times ahead.

Comment

Oh bloody hell, that was an action packed video, if ever I saw one! Wow, doesn't half get the blood pumping... Here's hoping its not just a button mashing feat when. Adding out those multiple strikes on the enemy... Boy does jack look totally augmented!

Comment

Well it looks visually cool but I worry the gameplay will be just hack and slash. A lot have these games have been a bit dull recently. Lets hope it has some challenge.

Comment

If anyone can make this full of awesome then it's Platinum Games.

Metal Gear meets Bayonetta? What's not to like there.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial View Post
                      If anyone can make this full of awesome then it's Platinum Games.

Metal Gear meets Bayonetta? What's not to like there.
                      "I WANT TO PLAY A GAME, NOT A CUTSCENE?111!!!"

Comment

I think the people who liked the cutscene that was MGS are going to start moaning in 3..2..1

I for one found them all really dull because of that, so here is hoping it will have an actual game this time.

Comment

I'm sure that at least between some lenghthy cutscenes we shall get some crazy combo action.

I actually found Bayonetta to be quite annoying because of the cutscenes, maybe this will be a slightly more engaging story.

Comment

Rising always looked different to other MGS games, I'm guessing they were stuggling to make something decent. Bringing Platinum in will probably save something was was fairly half cocked.

Does quite remind me of Vanquish.

I was always going to blindly believe in Rising but I did have some reservations based on previous videos. Now I'm thinking it's definitely going to be something I'll enjoy.

Good move.

Comment

Keeping with the theme of word mashup.

Vanquinetta... Can't. wait.

Comment

Working...
                              X