No announcement yet.

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t know about it. I mean, I know I’m probably going to see it but the trailer isn’t doing much for me. I also am pretty scarred by the previous one though so that’s likely a huge factor.

Comment

It's okay, this is an odd numbered entry, they're always the good ones

Comment

So it's a remake?

Comment

It still screams 'Boombastic' to me, and that's not really what I want from an Indy film. I dunno, hard to tell from that trailer.

Comment

I have my cautions but I also feel like Mangold and Ford wouldn't have taken it lightly. Much of what was wrong with Kingdom was on Spielbergs shoulders who's disinterest showed. CG doesn't bother me, the first three used things like animatronics and stop time but not because of a conscious decision, it just has to be done well enough. So far there's nothing here on the level of gophers etc. and after another 15 years of Uncharted, Tomb Raider, Mummy etc its unlikely to be the worst film of its type of recent years

Comment

The parade shots look like they are from a Final Fantasy game.

Maybe later it will turn out they were all shot for real and I'll have to eat my words but they jump out as looking pretty bad to me,

Anyway, we'll see how it turns out. I must give Crystal Skull a rewatch to see if it really is as bad as I remember.

Comment

Ford is so ancient now.

We're literally watching him go decrepit on-screen.

Comment

Yeah, we are. Although I remember being hit in Crystal Skull with a feeling of how old he was. He walked like an old man. His pants sagged like an old man (you know what I mean - old man pants). And yes, he's older now but it's not hitting me that much harder than it already did on Crystal Skull all those years ago.

Comment

Yeah, it's not just that he's a prune, it's his gait.

When he walks he looks like he's about to soil himself.

Comment

Let's be fair... That gif is Christopher Lloyd

Comment

Comment

I manage 9 20-25 year olds. That pic is my daily existence

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            The parade shots look like they are from a Final Fantasy game.

Maybe later it will turn out they were all shot for real and I'll have to eat my words but they jump out as looking pretty bad to me,

Anyway, we'll see how it turns out. I must give Crystal Skull a rewatch to see if it really is as bad as I remember.
                            The street parade? It was shot in Glasgow city centre.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                              The street parade? It was shot in Glasgow city centre.
                              Well now I know it's CG then because Glasgow is the greyest place on Earth.

Comment

That's Dunfermline. Trust me, I'm looking out the window at it right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X