No announcement yet.

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks bloody great, and Toby Jones is in it too.

Comment

Mangold Talks & Spielberg Praises Indy 5 - Dark Horizons
      Mangold confirms that the de-aged Harrison Ford in the intro is still actually Harrison Ford performing rather than the young Indy CG added over another actor with care taken to ensure that Ford acted the scenes in a manner to recreate the physicality and movement of a 35 year old and so avoid it being obvious via that movement that the -at the time- 79 year old was showing his age

Mangold says the point of the lengthy opening is to both give the audience what they've been craving for decades and then switch things up so that the shift to the older Indy, his point in life and limitations are felt by the audience as much as the character.

Spielberg has seen the film and is a fan

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post

It'd be refreshing if for once someone said "yeah, this is turbo poo. Steer clear, gang!"

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition

Well as long as we're getting our info from an impartial source.

Comment

Mangold Talks & Spielberg Praises Indy 5 - Dark Horizons
            Mangold confirms that the de-aged Harrison Ford in the intro is still actually Harrison Ford performing rather than the young Indy CG added over another actor with care taken to ensure that Ford acted the scenes in a manner to recreate the physicality and movement of a 35 year old and so avoid it being obvious via that movement that the -at the time- 79 year old was showing his age

Mangold says the point of the lengthy opening is to both give the audience what they've been craving for decades and then switch things up so that the shift to the older Indy, his point in life and limitations are felt by the audience as much as the character.

The cynic in me says the opening 25 mins are pure fan service. After that the film plummets hard into 'A movie for modern audiences' with Ford being the old fool and the Young plucky woman taking the lead.

Comment

"I saw CLONES two weeks ago up at George's. For the record, of all the STAR WARS they've made, this is my second favorite just behind EMPIRE,? Spielberg told us. ?It was great. The action scenes looked like George had been inspired by James Cameron because they were as good as any of the action scenes in T2, and I think George did his best directing with this one too."

Comment

Haha, classic. The official making of featurette for Phantom Menace has a great moment with Lucas and Spielberg on the backlot inspecting some prop Battle Droids and giving each other hollow reassurances about how terrific the end product is going to be.

Comment

That’s going to be great.

Comment

Narrator: it was not great.

Comment

"Indiana Jones" Is Coming To Disney+ - Dark Horizons
                      On 31 May 2023 all four Indiana Jones movies will launch on Disney+

All episodes of The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones will launch the same day

Comment

"Indiana Jones" Is Coming To Disney+ - Dark Horizons
                        On 31 May 2023 all four Indiana Jones movies will launch on Disney+

All episodes of The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones will launch the same day
                        I had wondered why they weren't there already; gotta assume this is why.

Comment

I keep seeing the IJatDOD trailer at the cinema and there's a bit at the end where he pops the whip and yells "Get back!", then everybody hilariously gets a gun out, with a nod to the joke in the first two films, he ducks down but all the bad guys are just shooting thin air for like 7 solid minutes.

Can we just imagine I'd edited a gif where I've looped the bit where they're shooting to embellish my irk?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            Can we just imagine I'd edited a gif where I've looped the bit where they're shooting to embellish my irk?
                            Yeah; I get you. It's the weakest part of the trailer.

It would be funnier if they all just fired one volley, then Indy tentatively peeks out from the end of the table, then ducks down again as they all fire another. Two-beat gag.

Comment

Comment

The "Indiana Jones 5" Reviews Are In - Dark Horizons
                                First reviews are in with most of them painting a picture of a fast paced adventure that can't touch the peaks of the original trilogy but steers clear of the faults of the fourth.

Comment

Working...
                                X