No announcement yet.

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucasfilm chief Kathleen Kennedy, who received the BAFTA Fellowship Award on Sunday, spoke with The BBC on the red carpet and touched upon the status of the fifth “Indiana Jones” film. Kennedy, who co-founded Amblin Entertainment with Steven Spielberg and Frank Marshall, confirmed to the outlet that the next film will be a continuation of […]

Kathleen Kennedy reconfirms that the next film is a sequel to the previous four and not a reboot. Honestly, I don't get where talk of rebooting the series comes from, any eventual recasting of the role for future films is blatantly going to be set in the same canon. The franchise has zero need to fully reset.

Comment

Steven Spielberg will produce Indiana Jones 5 but won't direct the film making it the first entry to be helmed by another director. Talks are apparently already taking place with Logan director James Mangold to take over the film.

Comment

About 21 seconds in...

Comment

I feel like any sixth film will dial things back to the mid-1920's as it allows them to cast young and also means there's a clear decade or more before you get near the events of Temple of Doom which is the earliest film in the movie series so far bar the opening of Last Crusade which is 1912 set. They just need to get someone who carries Ford's mannerisms as a better fit than the casting of that guy from Solo. That or they could make 1960's era films with Dennis Quaid

Comment

This thread will reach a full ten years in age:

The fifth “Indiana Jones” film, which is reportedly still in talks to lock down “Logan” and “Ford v Ferrari” director director James Mangold to helm, has been pushed back a year. Originally scheduled for release on July 9th 2021, a date it had no chance of reaching as filming wasn’t to begin for months, it […]

Disney has delayed the film by another full year to 29 June 2022

Comment

It's not perfect but here's a deepfake of Chris Pratt as Indy

Comment

Ford, Spielberg and Lucas may be the triumvirate that people think of when they think of the “Indiana Jones” franchise, but just as key a player has been producer Frank Marshall. He’s a go to regular executive producer for Spielberg, Zemeckis & Joe Dante, he’s worked with Shyamalan, Scorsese and Miyazaski amongst others, and he’s […]

Frank Marshall has confirmed that James Mangold will direct Indiana Jones V

Comment

Lucasfilm’s Kathleen Kennedy appeared at the Disney investor day conference today and confirmed that the James Mangold-directed “Indiana Jones 5” will begin shooting this Spring. 78-year-old Harrison Ford will return as the famed archaeologist for the final outing of the archaeologist character which is expected to hit theaters in July 2022. Kennedy and Frank Marshall […]

Filming on Indiana Jones 5 will begin in Spring 2021. Kathleen Kennedy has said the film will conclude the franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    https://www.darkhorizons.com/lucasfi...ones-5-willow/
                    Filming on Indiana Jones 5 will begin in Spring 2021. Kathleen Kennedy has said the film will conclude the franchise.
                    Good. But you know they'll do some stupid reboot in the future.

Comment

Yeah. Let's not forget he was born in 1942. And it won't ever be a proper Indy film without him.

They have left it TOOOOOOOO long, now. 2008 was the last point, it was left in stasis for a reason (Ford turns *79* this coming year).

He'll be dead soon, as dead as all our spirits are in 2020.

Not even kidding.

Comment

I'm just gonna call it right now:

They have ENTIRELY pissed upon their own parade. They are saps.

Comment

KK is on a one woman mission to replace all male characters with female. I'm calling it now: Indy will be backed up by a 'strong' generic female character to pick up the action. The film will conclude with her having a possible spin off.

Comment

For someone who claimed ignorance on the troll-pit misogynistic usage of "Mary Sue", you sure come across as having the same issues as those people. I'm just going to say it straight out - men who have a problem with little more than putting women in movies come across as so fragile, so insecure, so easily rattled that it's really a poor look. You can rest assured that there is still quite a disproportionate amount of media that is male-led, so feel free to unbunch your panties, light an aromatherapy candle and bask in all that wonderful sweaty muscle-bound manliness.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              For someone who claimed ignorance on the troll-pit misogynistic usage of "Mary Sue", you sure come across as having the same issues as those people. I'm just going to say it straight out - men who have a problem with little more than putting women in movies come across as so fragile, so insecure, so easily rattled that it's really a poor look. You can rest assured that there is still quite a disproportionate amount of media that is male-led, so feel free to unbunch your panties, light an aromatherapy candle and bask in all that wonderful sweaty muscle-bound manliness.
                              Wow, chill out DT, I'm talking about a movie.
                              Your talking about me being misogynist.

Comment

I haven't quite gone that far. That's a strong word. But unless your post was meant to be celebratory in tone, it does feel like you have a bug in your butt about nothing more than women getting to be in movies. I'm sure you understand how that looks.

Comment

Working...
                                X