Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Lucas says that a story has been decided on and that a treasure just needs choosing that fits and then the film can move forward. I think it's safe to say that any ideas there once where of making a new trilogy have gone out of the window given how much pratting about Lucas does with these and that this will be the final installment.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 01-12-2022, 22:05.

Nice to know I'll have something to catch some of on telly in a few years time.

Comment

I think given the rate at which number 5 has been moving, a 6th Indiana Jones film would be pretty much a no, unless the unthinkable happened and a new actor took the lead role.

Comment

He's gonna die in it this will be the last film ?

Comment

Can't imagine Lucas will do that as he's so attached to those Young Indiana Jones Chronicles and, if I remember correctly, there was an episode (or some episodes) where Indy was a very old man in them. Even older than Harrison Ford.

Comment

Jackie Chan to play older Short Round?

Comment

I hope he's going to go some way to make up for pile of festering ****e that crystal skull was. (But I know those hopes are in vain)

Comment

Indy is dead to me now. I'd rather a 3 hour Jar Jar Binks monologue than watch Crystal Skull again.

Comment

I'm not gonna get all rmoxon about it but I sincerely don't think Crystal Skull was as execrable as it's being made out to be, I caught bits of it on TV a few months back and was surprised to find me enjoying it for its simplicity, despite it not really bowling me over at the cinema back in '08 (and even then, I didn't hate it, it could've been far worse than it was). I mean, both Temple Of Doom and Last Crusade look pretty **** n' flimsy compared to the masterpiece that is Raiders, plus I never got on with Last Crusade, casting Sean Connery was a move almost as desperate as ****a Laboeuf's presence in IJATLOTCS.

Indy needs to battle some vast Masonic, demonic cult, or Satan himself. Or Baal. Summat big and evil.

Anyway, in my view, the best Indy film of recent years has been Hellboy, we really need another Hellboy!

Originally posted by megatron View Post
                  Jackie Chan to play older Short Round?
                  No! Burt Kwouk!!!

Comment

Completely agree with that, Crystal Skull isn't a bad film just that the series is held very dear by many and expectations are high so by not meeting them Skull gets more hate than it deserves.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                      I caught bits of it on TV
                      It's a better movie watched in bits. And it does have some good bits and some lovely moments. But, as an overall coherent experience, I found it to be pants. Not just pants, but those saggy shapeless old man pants that Harrison Ford wore in it.

As Crazytaxinext says, part of that is that it is a series held very dear to people. That doesn't mean that expectations can't be met. They can, and have been with other movies in beloved series or new follow-ups. But it does mean it stings all the more when a movie that follows a great one turns out to be pretty bad.

Comment

Nah, come on, not an aweful film?? Swinging through the trees with monkeys and "Nuke the fridge"?? Film over.
                        If there is a number 5 count me out.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                          No! Burt Kwouk!!!
                          What would he have been up to to look older than Indy?

Comment

^Jimmy Savile?

Comment

67-year-old “Star Wars” filmmaker George Lucas tells The New York Times that this week’s “Red Tails” marks his (supposed) last venture into blockbuster filmmaking. “I’m moving away from the business, from the company, from all this kind of stuff” Lucas told the paper, but apparently was careful enough to leave himself an out clause for […]

George Lucas has announced that he will no longer be making blockbuster sized films once Red Tails is out. Apparently his only exception is Indiana Jones 5 which would no doubt be the last installment. Regarding Star Wars, he rules out more films pretty much blaming the fans.

Comment

Working...
                              X