Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beecee View Post
    rumor has it.....beware of possible spoilers.

the film involves time travel, and Indy dies at the end....

Time travel - Indy has found 3 artifacts over his adventures and nazi's show up steals them and opens a portal and Indy and a woman played by Phoebe Waller-Bridge, go through the portal, end up in the 40s.and team up with a young Indy to fight the Nazi's.

ending 1 - Indy dies and young indy and Phoebe Waller-Bridge then (disney plus TV show) try to get her back to her own time
    ending 2- both indie's die and Phoebe Waller-Bridge takes the mantle.

Please no. Please

Comment

You say please no but there is no yes. There is no version of any story of Indiana Jones as a 78 year old man that most people will love. Anyone who goes in with any concept of what the story should be will be disappointed. Just let the movie be what it is and enjoy it or not for what it is.

Really, that should apply to every movie ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        You say please no but there is no yes. There is no version of any story of Indiana Jones as a 78 year old man that most people will love. Anyone who goes in with any concept of what the story should be will be disappointed. Just let the movie be what it is and enjoy it or not for what it is.

Really, that should apply to every movie ever.
        While I would agree with you normally I think

Indy is grounded in a reality were religious mythological artifacts are real. So while 'magical things' happen, it happens in a way thats acceptable to the audience. One of the reasons Kingdom skull is disliked is because it introduced ancient aliens and it was just a step too far. It didn't belong in Indiana Jones and you had a narrative disconnect.
        And while Star Trek and Avengers have time travel in them, they both exist in a universe were time travel isn't a big leap, and the audience accept it.
        Putting time travel into Indiana Jones would be like putting Androids into Mission Impossible.
        A fountain of youth would be believable, but time travel isn't.

Comment

Yep, I read the speculation but the more that gets bounded around the more I feel we're going to end up with a Last Crusade style situation where the film cold opens on a Nazi era sequence and then the entirety of the rest of the film takes place in the late 60's with 'young' Indy only being in that opening scene.

Comment

Antonio Banderas has signed on

Comment

A new report in UK outlet The Sun indicates that up to fifty people have been sent home from the sets of both the fifth “Indiana Jones” film and the third “Ant-Man” film due to a norovirus outbreak. Both projects are shooting at Pinewood Studios in the UK. Filming on the new “Indiana Jones” feature […]

Indy 5 has been hit with Norovirus along with Ant-Man 3. It shouldn't affect production much but the more eye brow raising part of the article is the part about the film leading into Phoebe-Waller-Bridge picking up the mantle. A claim I struggle incredibly hard to believe.

Comment

Ford takes a photo with fans in Sicily

Comment

Disney have pushed this even further out, delaying it from 29 July 2022 to 30 June 2023

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    https://t.co/JIN6SBTEG7?amp=1
                    Disney have pushed this even further out, delaying it from 29 July 2022 to 30 June 2023
                    Bloody hell. I wonder if Mr. Ford will still be alive by then?

Comment

Comment

I've got a bad feeling about this...

Comment

I'm going to officially outlaw bad critique of post 90's Indy films until... a better copycat film comes out

Staggers me that this seems to be a type of film all companies can't do justice. Uncharted should have been such a slam dunk...

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            I'm going to officially outlaw bad critique of post 90's Indy films until... a better copycat film comes out

Staggers me that this seems to be a type of film all companies can't do justice. Uncharted should have been such a slam dunk...
                            Your never gonna beat the nostalgia factor the original 3 Indie films bring, how anyone signed off on the crystal skull is beyond me, they didn't so much as jump the shark but shot it into space on multiple occasions. Swinging with monkeys, the Nuke fridge and then the bloody Aliens. Id go as far to say that it was one of the worst films ive seen in a long time and should be scrubbed from the series, I'm fully expecting this film to be just as bad.

At least with uncharted they managed to capture that sense of adventure the original Indy films had and give us a consistent world to get invested in which is the best we can hope for these days. I don't think that films like the original indie films can be at present as it would require a studio to fully trust people like Spielberg again and their just seems to be too much interference in the process these days. The other thing is how commonplace is it to just sack a director mid project these days.
                            Last edited by Lebowski; 04-03-2022, 09:30.

Comment

For me Uncharted pretty much repeated the same mistakes as Crystal Skull, it was just less prevailant because it didn't have the supernatural stuff that's more in your face and also wasn't burdened with a sense of attachment to what came before. It was generally still an uncharasmatic GG-fest where the action scenes were copied from the games and yet somehow less exciting than the PS versions of the same. Very... Tomb Raider movie level.

It's why Crystal Skull grates so much. With Indy 5 you have a new film made all these years later by Disney with a different director so you find yourself kind of pre-emptively expecting it to not recapture the original trilogy's charms.

Crystal Skull though... man, it was Lucas, Ford, Marshall and Spielberg themselves. It's mistakes are really, really obvious ones too. It's embarrasing and almost heartbreaking that they made the fumbles they did with it.

Comment

They made another Indy?

Comment

Working...
                                X