User Tag List

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Indiana Jones 5

Toby Jones is a very fine actor, so there’s some good acting pedigree in this mix for this adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Yeah, Russell said that but I can't buy into it. It's not possible to achieve that with make-up. Surely not.

Good call on Logan. Most impressed I've ever been though is

Rachael's scene

in Blade Runner 2049. Proper jaw-dropping.
    I agree about Blade Runner 2049. First time I saw that was unbelievable. Looked so real. If my brain wasn't telling me it wasn't possible I will wouldn't have thought twice.

Practically another day at the office for Ford, by the sounds of things it isn't a Ford movie unless he injures himself on set. Bet his insurance is insane

rumor has it.....beware of possible spoilers.

the film involves time travel, and Indy dies at the end....

Time travel - Indy has found 3 artifacts over his adventures and nazi's show up steals them and opens a portal and Indy and a woman played by Phoebe Waller-Bridge, go through the portal, end up in the 40s.and team up with a young Indy to fight the Nazi's.

ending 1 - Indy dies and young indy and Phoebe Waller-Bridge then (disney plus TV show) try to get her back to her own time
    ending 2- both indie's die and Phoebe Waller-Bridge takes the mantle.

Quote Originally Posted by beecee View Post
    rumor has it.....beware of possible spoilers.

the film involves time travel, and Indy dies at the end....

Time travel - Indy has found 3 artifacts over his adventures and nazi's show up steals them and opens a portal and Indy and a woman played by Phoebe Waller-Bridge, go through the portal, end up in the 40s.and team up with a young Indy to fight the Nazi's.

ending 1 - Indy dies and young indy and Phoebe Waller-Bridge then (disney plus TV show) try to get her back to her own time
    ending 2- both indie's die and Phoebe Waller-Bridge takes the mantle.

Please no. Please

You say please no but there is no yes. There is no version of any story of Indiana Jones as a 78 year old man that most people will love. Anyone who goes in with any concept of what the story should be will be disappointed. Just let the movie be what it is and enjoy it or not for what it is.

Really, that should apply to every movie ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    You say please no but there is no yes. There is no version of any story of Indiana Jones as a 78 year old man that most people will love. Anyone who goes in with any concept of what the story should be will be disappointed. Just let the movie be what it is and enjoy it or not for what it is.

Really, that should apply to every movie ever.
    While I would agree with you normally I think

Indy is grounded in a reality were religious mythological artifacts are real. So while 'magical things' happen, it happens in a way thats acceptable to the audience. One of the reasons Kingdom skull is disliked is because it introduced ancient aliens and it was just a step too far. It didn't belong in Indiana Jones and you had a narrative disconnect.
    And while Star Trek and Avengers have time travel in them, they both exist in a universe were time travel isn't a big leap, and the audience accept it.
    Putting time travel into Indiana Jones would be like putting Androids into Mission Impossible.
    A fountain of youth would be believable, but time travel isn't.

Yep, I read the speculation but the more that gets bounded around the more I feel we're going to end up with a Last Crusade style situation where the film cold opens on a Nazi era sequence and then the entirety of the rest of the film takes place in the late 60's with 'young' Indy only being in that opening scene.