No announcement yet.

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if you're in the camp who cares about Ford's age, let's all take a minute to soak in that this is the last time for the rest of time that we're witnessing Harrison as Indy taking on Nazi's... and that the train isn't CG

Comment

The rumour is the black dots are for face mapping as the film is said to be about the fountain of youth

Comment

That’s a fun idea and a neat way of tackling his age. The technology worked quite well in The Irishman.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
          That’s a fun idea and a neat way of tackling his age. The technology worked quite well in The Irishman.
          Yeah, but quite well isn't really good enough. I found it a constant distraction in The Irishman, took the edge off a really great film. Saying that, the effect on Kurt Russell in Guardians 2 was notably better ... don't know if that's different tech, bigger budget or more skilled fx personnel making the difference.

Comment

I'm sure I read somewhere that no tech was used on Kurt Russell in GOTG, he has a decades long make up guy who did it all for him if I recall correctly. The tech was used in Mangold's Logan and it's damned near impossible to spot

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              I'm sure I read somewhere that no tech was used on Kurt Russell in GOTG, he has a decades long make up guy who did it all for him if I recall correctly. The tech was used in Mangold's Logan and it's damned near impossible to spot
              Yeah, Russell said that but I can't buy into it. It's not possible to achieve that with make-up. Surely not.

Good call on Logan. Most impressed I've ever been though is

Rachael's scene

in Blade Runner 2049. Proper jaw-dropping.

Comment

Really? I don’t know if I agree with that. I mean, it looked like an incredibly convincing person but I didn’t think it looked like who it was supposed to be. And yeah, I also found it way too distracting in The Irishman but it mostly came down to a similar thing - they didn’t quite look like themselves when de aged. And the eyes were weird.

But the Marvel films have generally done it brilliantly.

But Ford is 78 and even in films made some time ago, he moves and walks like an old guy so there is way more to it than just making his face look younger.

Comment

Ford kicking off with the locals up here, for hounding him while he’s trying to enjoy strolls around Magdor and fish suppers in Northumberland.

Can’t blame him. Last thing you’d want as a 78 year old is a bunch of nerd hoss punchers breathing their maskless germs all over your face.

Comment

Given the shots of stuntmen with young Ford masks on too presumably Ford won't be doing most of the action this time

Comment

There’s another flashback sequence so could be that.
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Toby Jones is a very fine actor, so there’s some good acting pedigree in this mix for this adventure.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          Yeah, Russell said that but I can't buy into it. It's not possible to achieve that with make-up. Surely not.

Good call on Logan. Most impressed I've ever been though is

Rachael's scene

in Blade Runner 2049. Proper jaw-dropping.
                          I agree about Blade Runner 2049. First time I saw that was unbelievable. Looked so real. If my brain wasn't telling me it wasn't possible I will wouldn't have thought twice.

Comment

The 78-year-old actor injures his shoulder while rehearsing a fight scene in the UK.

Comment

Practically another day at the office for Ford, by the sounds of things it isn't a Ford movie unless he injures himself on set. Bet his insurance is insane

Comment

rumor has it.....beware of possible spoilers.

the film involves time travel, and Indy dies at the end....

Time travel - Indy has found 3 artifacts over his adventures and nazi's show up steals them and opens a portal and Indy and a woman played by Phoebe Waller-Bridge, go through the portal, end up in the 40s.and team up with a young Indy to fight the Nazi's.

ending 1 - Indy dies and young indy and Phoebe Waller-Bridge then (disney plus TV show) try to get her back to her own time
                                ending 2- both indie's die and Phoebe Waller-Bridge takes the mantle.

Comment

Working...
                                X