No announcement yet.

Prometheus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do we know what the new 'beginnings' and 'endings' are going to be? when is it released in uk on blu-ray?

Comment

I really enjoyed this movie, but it left me with some questions... At the beginning of the movie

why did the big muscly guy ingest that tub of black swirly mess? Also, why were those muscly guys planning to invade Earth and spread that black swirly mess? Was it something like Aliens Vs Predator, where they wanted to create a race of serpents to duel with?

I was also told that the movie had an extended cut version, but I have no idea which cut I have seen, any ideas?

I thought that the movie being a 'prequel' would answer a lot of questions I had about the whole Aliens saga, but it has had the opposite affect on me... :/

Comment

Originally posted by NeoDragoN View Post
        Also take into account this is Ridley Scotts vision and he probably doesn't include Camerons Aliens in his mythos, i feel Prometheus is linked to Alien and only Alien. What happened in the other movies isn't canon in Scotts mind imo.
        No, the Weyland logo is a derivative of the Weyland Yutani logo which didn't exist until Cameron's Aliens. And Weyland only really became Weyland in Aliens too - the company name wasn't mentioned in Alien but was named Weylan (no d) in the script. Much of the promo material made with the film contained nods to Aliens. The plaque shown in Prometheus

also seems to depict enough shape to imply a queen.

So whatever about the other sequels, it seems Aliens is included as part of the world of Prometheus.

As for the questions, 112, let them go. For the sake of your sanity, let them go. The more you think about it, the worse it gets. And then you remember it was written by a writer of Lost and it all makes sense (and yet also no sense). Just marvel at how pretty the movie is.
        Last edited by Dogg Thang; 03-10-2012, 20:17.

Comment

The DVD and Blu-ray editions of Ridley Scott’s “Prometheus” are ready to hit shelves this week with a lot of bonus material. Now it has been revealed that a 58 second easter egg entitled ‘Merging Ridleyverses’ deals with an idea that was briefly floated, but ultimately discarded, which would’ve seen the merging of the “Alien” […]

With the home release today it has emerged that Scott courted the idea of suggesting that Alien took place in the same universe as Blade Runner

Comment

Comment

Had the 3d edition on Saturday from play.com awesome 3d picture and the DTS HD MASTER soundtrack was superb

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                I really enjoyed this movie, but it left me with some questions... At the beginning of the movie

why did the big muscly guy ingest that tub of black swirly mess? Also, why were those muscly guys planning to invade Earth and spread that black swirly mess? Was it something like Aliens Vs Predator, where they wanted to create a race of serpents to duel with?

I was also told that the movie had an extended cut version, but I have no idea which cut I have seen, any ideas?

I thought that the movie being a 'prequel' would answer a lot of questions I had about the whole Aliens saga, but it has had the opposite affect on me... :/

the guy at the beginning was

creating human life on earth by digesting some chemical that infected the water supply with his DNA as he melted away

The film makes no sense really, and does not even try too. Like Dogg Thang says just enjoy the pretty pictures.
                Last edited by rmoxon; 08-10-2012, 21:54.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                  eventually got to see it even though i wanted to see it in IMAX

Anyway can people explain the following

we all know that face huggers emplant embryo's inside the stomach for it to eventually become a chest buster, but how the hell did the queen alien actually come to be, i know that the thing that came out of shaw's stomach eventually fell on and killed the engineer, but is it trying to say that they mated or it implanted something in him and that became the queen alien
                  Look up bees/wasps

Comment

Got the blu discs today and so far it's quite satisfying. Nothing from the deleted scenes will really make you shriek omg, but there are some alternate scenes you will feel that should've been in the actual cut, and one that makes the biologist playing finger sex with the worm thing make a bit more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                      http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/251...h-blade-runner

With the home release today it has emerged that Scott courted the idea of suggesting that Alien took place in the same universe as Blade Runner

Comment

Not sure if this has been posted yet but there is an interview with the original writer here - http://www.empireonline.com/intervie...w.asp?IID=1563

Interestingly, it completely goes against what I had suspected happened with the end of the movie. I had taken it that

the studio had forced some Alien fanservice in and that's why we got a shoehorned xenomorph thing at the end. Not so according to that writer. Apparently the film was originally full of xenomorphs and it was the studio who made them move away from them and create something new.

Comment

Originally posted by CrispyXUK View Post
                          Look up bees/wasps
                          Can you elaborate on this please?

Comment

I think he's trying to say that a lot of the Alien life cycle was already based on the behaviour of insects.

For example, The Emerald Cockroach Wasp (Ampulex compressa) makes a slave out a much larger cockroach. The wasp will sting the roach twice, paralyzing its front legs and taking the escape reflex away from its brain. Then the wasp will chew off half of the roach’s antennae and uses what’s left to steer the roach to a prepared nest. The wasp lays an egg on the roach’s abdomen and leaves. The egg will hatch and feed off the roach, which still won’t try to escape. The wasp larvae keeps the docile roach alive long enough to build a cocoon inside the roach’s body and transform into an adult wasp. An adult female wasp can enslave and lays eggs on several dozen zombie roaches.

In this case, The queens are developed from larvae selected by worker bees and specially fed in order to become sexually mature. There is normally only one adult, mated queen in a hive.

However, the plot of Prometheus has more holes than a slice of swiss cheese!

Comment

My god that is disgusting. They are destroying everything!

EDF EDF EDF

Comment

We truly live in a disgusting and horrid world.

Comment

Working...
                                X