The Alcohol Spend Thread 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Alcohol Spend Thread 2011

As I feel more than a little guilty at spending $4.3k on gaming stuff this year, but yet haven't bought or drunk a drop of booze since July 5th, I thought we could have one of these so people could estimate how much they've ~literally~ p*ssed away on alcohol.

For 2011 I'm guessing $50 a week for when I was drinking which works out at about $1350 give or take. Seeing as how I spent $150 at the Christmas party in January I think that's about the minimum I've spent.

Anyone else dare?

Erm no...

I like to buy beer more than drinking it and when I go out loves the Belgian ones that are usually ?4-5 a go know I dropped ?200+ before Xmas on a session (no clue how, well not strictly true 2 x ?25 taxis and was pissed so played fruit machine like a tit) so don't really want to delve any deeper than that
    Last edited by ETC; 27-12-2011, 23:58.

Comment

Um...quite a bit.

I'm hazarding ?3276 + extra for nights out, so probably in the region of 4.2K. All converted into wazz.

****, to think of all that booze I could've bought....oh, wait.

Comment

At a guess, probably about ?50. 2011 has been a drunk-free zone for me, though it's near impossible that 2012 won't reverse that trend

Comment

I've drank 6 beers on about 30 Friday nights.
          Between 4 and 8 on about 20 Weekends.
          Attended 5 beer festivals.
          Been to random pub sessions - big and small - maybe 30 times.
          Grabbed beers on every trip to the supermarket - maybe 30 times.
          Spent at least 120 notes at Keswick and 50 or more at Beers of Europe.

God knows how much that adds up to.

Comment

Far to much ! iLike being social to much.

Comment

I've spent ?0 on alcohol the last year.

Comment

More than I should have, but still far less than most people I know.

I'll happily sit in a bar with friends and mostly just drink Diet Coke. Imagine the looks you get in Glasgow for that. One guy had this bizarre attitude and decided that because I wasn't drinking booze, I was "judging him" and was thinking of myself as better.

I'll be drinking even less in 2012. I'm not 18 anymore and don't really need it to stimulate conversation.

Comment

My bank sent me a detailed breakdown statement of every place I've used my debit and credit cards this year.

I spend a lot of time in Forbidden Planet and HMV it seems.

Booze? Probably more than both of those put together though, comfortably a couple of grand.

Comment

About ?50 all year. I like a drink but don't do it often. If I go out with the lads I drive and still have a great laugh.

Comment

I spent just over ?1200 taking my lads out last Tuesday night for their Christmas do, though admittedly a chunk of that will have went on strippers and taxi's. (We always take another one after the main work one) No way would I want to know what the total for the entire year was..........

Comment

I don't think I can put a figure on it but it's very little. I enjoy the odd beer or gin and tonic but generally try and limit my alcohol consumption. Of all the drugs I've ever done, seen other people do, alcohol is easily one of the worst. It turns people into pricks, weakens their resolve, leads them to regretful acts, stops them from thinking - and therefore solving - their worries and troubles, and ultimately anesthetizes peoples conscience to their crimes of the day.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                            I don't think I can put a figure on it but it's very little. I enjoy the odd beer or gin and tonic but generally try and limit my alcohol consumption. Of all the drugs I've ever done, seen other people do, alcohol is easily one of the worst. It turns people into pricks, weakens their resolve, leads them to regretful acts, stops them from thinking - and therefore solving - their worries and troubles, and ultimately anesthetizes peoples conscience to their crimes of the day.
                            Not trying to sound like a prick but I used to work in drug and alcohol cessation and that comment is utter ****e, alcohol is a terrible drug when misused but compared to the big bad stuff heroin, meth, crack cocaine and krocodil (not in uk yet but utterly horrific) it's not even close why do you think an alcohol detox programme is an initial 10 days (cost ?1.2k) where a drug one is 30 days (?6k ish) think its pretty obvious.

Comment

That stuff does sound nasty evilthecatuk.

I'm 7 days away from not having drunk for 6 months, officially the longest since I was 16 and my first Christmas without alcohol that I can remember. I'm NOT going to have a drink to celebrate.

Comment

Working...
                              X