2011 imports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2011 imports

What were the important import games of 2011? i.e. ones that remain import only and were worth playing.

For the Wii, Last Story and Pandora's Tower (are planned to be brought over though so I guess they don't count).
    PS3 had MHP3rdHD (the PSP version was technically 2010), Tales of Xillia was also released but I held off buying it until last week so can't comment on it. SRWOG2nd was due to be released in September 2011 but is currently in limbo.
    3DS had MH3G and Gundam the 3D Battle both import-only and DEFINITELY worth getting. AZITO 3D is also J-import only but I don't own it so I can't comment on that either.

Comment

Catherine on the PS3/360 springs to mind though I do think its due a local release in feb.

Comment

Not import exclusive but probably worth a mention that the latest Professor Layton (the Last Specter) is an obvious import as the UK has had a hefty side-game stripped from it. It's the only game I actually imported this year and, now playing it, local buyers would be missing out on something really excellent. Does that count?

Comment

Final Fantasy Type-0 is a big one in terms of the PSP, which had a load of great Japan-only games as usual.

360 had less shmups than usual but a couple of Otaku games like Idolmaster 2 and Gal Gun.

Wii had a couple too, even if they will be localised next year in The Last Story and Rhythm Tengoku.

Plus of course the Vita launch and, for me anyway, buying an additional 3DS and getting a Japanese one (mainly for Senran Kagura at the time which I think would surprise quite a few people had they played it as I mentioned in my review).

Comment

All good.

Which 360 shmups were released this year?

Comment

Akai Katana, Muchi Muchi Pork & Pink Sweets are the ones I've bought. IIRC the PS3 version of Mamoru-kun has been published this year, am I wrong?
              Like Johnny I 've bought Senran Kagura and Gal Gun (X360...or was it a 2010 game?), BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend being the last (Japanese) import of the year. I've been tempted by Gundam Extreme Versus, but I would prefer something more like Zeonic Front rather than a Versus games.

Comment

Ys I&II Complete, Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim Collectors Pack and Ys: The Oath in Felghana Collector's Edition, all for PC, plus around 17 Ys soundtracks.

Comment

Gundam Extreme Versus- I had no idea this existed until just before the PS3 release, as it didn't have a thread on here and I find out about most stuff here. The preview vids looked amazing but the actual gameplay video reminded me more of Virtua On, since I didn't know about the series I guess. I prefer loads of mechs onscreen instead, but the art looks great. If only it could get an English release I would perhaps buy it but that's never happening.

Comment

There was an asian release as well, but due to my overspending and the stupid price of it I decided to pass. The J-version was going to set me back $105!? No ta.

Comment

There was Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu as well. I had a good early year for imports with Catherine, DDP DFK, Muchi Muchi Pork/Pink Sweets, Gal Gun and Akai Katana Shin.

I am feeling a prat for not buying a JP 3DS as I really want Monster Hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                        Gal Gun
                        What were your impressions of this? I sort-of liked the demo, despite initial misgivings about... well, everything.

Comment

Still waiting on the PS3 release of that. Coming this year, I imagine.

Feb 23rd apparently. Hmm.

Guess I'll preorder the standard edition on AmiAmi.
                          Last edited by speedlolita; 02-01-2012, 15:17.

Comment

PSMove support, ha. Bit of a hike for a drama CD and bookmarks for the limited edition, so I might pick up the standard version... then hide it from my wife.

Comment

I buy standard editions because they're cheaper, I have less stuff to look after and they're more uniform..

Comment

Working...
                              X