Disneyland Adventures Kinect (360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disneyland Adventures Kinect (360)

Have you been to any of the Disneyland Parks? Well this is as near as you can get without dropping a disgusting amount of cash.

Essentially this is a collect em up - with the usual kinect dance, sports and randomness thrown in. You start off by picking your avatar and then after a very brief 'how to move' tutorial from your floating assistant, it's time to waltz straight up to Mickey to get the ball rolling with the quite frankly astonishing amount of tasks contained within this game.

The graphics are lovely (and in some places truly wonderful), if a little stuttery, however they convey the feeling of strolling around a Disneyland park excellently. The sound is also very nice (Tim Allen back in his role as Buzz Lightyear for example) with genuine sounding family chatter from all the NPC's also walking around the Park (apart from wailing kids and swearing dads) and what sounds like the actual recordings used for the rides. Oh yes - the rides.

Being a complete replica of a Disneyland park all the locations (Main street, ToonLand, Fantasyland etc) are all there as are all the well known rides are there for you to have a go on, although this is usually a cut scene that you can't exit and just goes on a little too long. Some of the other rides are sub games with one or more levels spanning different genres.

The bulk of the game play is doing odd jobs for the various Disney characters that are knocking around (all the well known ones are represented here), which generally consist of finding 1 or more items and bringing it back to the lazy so and so. These items are found in the sub games (of which there are many) or just lying in the street.

You also have tasks such as photographing Secret Mickey icons scattered around each zone, snapping famous attractions, using a wand to apply a magic effect to huge amounts of objects, firing Buzz's gun at lights (?), Fishing, conducting brassbands and on and on and on...

Obviously this game is aimed at kids, and if they like Disney or have ever been to a park they are going to love this, but it's quite frankly huge - I'm at 11% of the game after spending around 8 hours on it so don't expect your littluns to blast through it in a day or two, it's got some serious longevity.

A mention has to go to the kinect controls and voice recognition as well - it's very well done, with voice activation for pretty much everything in the game (even shopping).

So final thoughts are, if you have a kinect and kids of around 4-5 or you’re just a massive kid yourself, pick this one up.
    Last edited by k0pp0; 08-01-2012, 00:42.

For those who enjoyed this, the first reviews are out for its effective sequel Kinect Rush: A Disney Pixar Adventure and they're good:

Kinect brings together five of the world's favourite Disney-Pixar worlds, into one big Xbox 360 Kinect game.

8/10

STN Writes: “Come on kids, it’s time to play.” That’s a familiar shout for my children now and a sure fire way for them to know that Kinect’s got another new title and they are needed to help me test it out. This time the game is based on Disney Pixar’s fantastic franchises such as Toy Story and Incredibles, amongst others. It’s name is Kinect Rush. Rating: Excellent

5/6 (?)

Comment

Spent a chunk of yesterday playing this and it's amazing how good a recreation of the actual park it is. Looks great too, just a shame it's a full Kinect game as I'd have happily played it on a controller despite the mini-games being basic. We eventually stopped as it starts to take it's toll as everything involves holding your arms up for long periods of time. Massive game too if you went to fully complete, only increased completion by 1% in the whole playtime.

Comment

Playing this with my four year old son is a real pain as it takes ages to load between sections. This makes him wanders off and when he comes back it changes the avatar we set up for him to a girl and he gets anoyed.

it really isn't set up well for two players, im not sure why it feels the need to change the avatar of the second player every time it looses tracking. You spend half your time in the sub menus changeing it back (which takes ages as its all gesture controlled) at which point he's wandered off again and it's changed him back to a girl.

at this point he doesn't want to play and it gets turned off for something less faffy like cars, or toy story

Comment

That was probably our biggest issue, sometimes you just want a break whilst the other player does a bit but Kinect doesn't like that one bit. It's too prolonged to likely be completed, I think we'll just see everything then trade it in, but for what it is it's a surprisingly slick and polished title

Comment

Don't get me wrong when we got into the peter pan bit where he got to fly and fight captain hook he loved it, I just can't understand why the multiplayer side of things is not persistent for the second player it makes no sense.

Comment

With the dying days of my GamePass trial coming up and Horizon 4 done and Sea of Thieves proving itself to be utter crud I gave this a download, the PC port arriving to the platform.

So nice to finally be able to try this with controller. It makes the mini-games insanely easy but you can casually enjoy exploring the park. Looking back, once you've wandered the excellent recreation of the park there's nothing worth sticking around for but it's been nice to revisit this

Comment

I was wondering if this was a new game, then saw the date of your first post!

I've never even plugged my Kinect camera in!

Comment

wow this thread is a blast form the past my son is now 11 and plays nothing but Fortnite how times change. I barely even remember playing this or the kinect that much. Its like a hazy memory now its weird to think that despite it selling a **** ton the Kinect is pretty much a dead system and most of the games are probably gonna get consigned to the corridors of time.

their is no way to play them on modern systems and It got me thinking certain games would be very ideal for VR Child of eden and kinect adventures and this would be ripe for converting to vr and could give the windows MR a set of exclusives that it desperately needs.

Comment

Working...
                  X