No announcement yet.

PS Vita Best Price Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon have lowered their prices for consoles. ?219 for wifi now. Also they price matched Plays prices on Reality Fighters and Asphalt to ?17.99.
    They also have Dynasty Warriors Next for ?25:

Comment

Originally posted by Party boy View Post
      The 3G version is the idiot edition from what I can gather, so they must figure the idiots don't need extra enticement.

Comment

The WiFi edition is the idiot edition. Near doesn't work on it unless you buy an expensive add-on, which you'll feel like an idiot buying instead of spending an extra ?10 at the time.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

What's the current best price for the 3G model? Anyone know? The Gamestop price has gone up.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
            The WiFi edition is the idiot edition. Near doesn't work on it unless you buy an expensive add-on, which you'll feel like an idiot buying instead of spending an extra ?10 at the time.

Sorry to sound like a noob but why's the wifi model the idiot edition? What's the expensive add you're talking of?

I'm thinking of buying a Vita and was going to go with a Wifi only model.

Comment

Unless I'm mistaken, the 3g can only be used for the social stuff on the go - near, party, facebook, web browsing etc... maybe playing turn based games like chess / golf.. uploading ghosts and stuff... but isn't good enough for synchronised multiplayer (multiplayer is turned off in some games when connected via 3g I heard somewhere). http://uk.ign.com/wikis/ps-vita/Get_...stion_Answered
              Is there any other particular reason why people want the 3g version that I'm missing? I'm going for the wi-fi only at the moment, but if there's anything that looks interesting, I might be tempted to get a 3g vita with a gigabag.

Comment

Originally posted by zipper View Post
                Unless I'm mistaken, the 3g can only be used for the social stuff on the go - near, party, facebook, web browsing etc... maybe playing turn based games like chess / golf.. uploading ghosts and stuff... but isn't good enough for synchronised multiplayer (multiplayer is turned off in some games when connected via 3g I heard somewhere). http://uk.ign.com/wikis/ps-vita/Get_...stion_Answered
                Is there any other particular reason why people want the 3g version that I'm missing? I'm going for the wi-fi only at the moment, but if there's anything that looks interesting, I might be tempted to get a 3g vita with a gigabag.
                The only thing I could see being annoying is if any developers use the GPS that the 3G systems have within games, of course then limiting features that Wifi only users will then not be able to play.

But then I'd like to think developers will cater for the lower end model as a standard, just seems silly paying an extra ?50 for something I may never use. Plus there doesn't seem to be any information on the cost of payment plans that Vodafone will be doing. The PSVita website says they'll be doing pay monthly and PAYG but at what cost...

Although it is interesting that they're offering a free copy of Wipeout to people who go with the 3G model and connect with Vodafone.

Comment

I see the 3G model as utterly pointless going by the limited capabilities i've read it has. Or maybe more to the point, the lack of interest I have in what bonuses it brings. I also can't see any way there would be a 3G specific game title, it'll be the version of the system that sells least, so why develop games specifically for it? Not going to happen in my book.

Comment

Not just sell the least, wouldn't surprise me if the eventual revision of the Vita does away with it all together. It's tanked in Japan so far, a pointless variant that probably exists just to try and get a bit more ? from those who pick it up

Comment

There are a number of GPS compatible games for PSP in Japan. Whilst it never took off over here, save for Portable Ops, for me I need the GPS as I'd imagine there WILL be GPS games for Vita released along the line.

Japan is probably the only place where it'll actually be properly supported TBH.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Didn't know portable ops supported gps. I used to scan wifi all the time collecting new comrades though.

Not sure if I've asked this before and if I have, has it been answered but will the 3G variant be locked to Vodafone in this country?

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                          Didn't know portable ops supported gps. I used to scan wifi all the time collecting new comrades though.
                          Only in Japan.

Comment

It's still not entirely clear what the full set up is over here. It's all part of Sony's marketing campaign.

Less information = More Excite!>?!!?!!!

Can't fail

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                              Not sure if I've asked this before and if I have, has it been answered but will the 3G variant be locked to Vodafone in this country?
                              It's unlocked in Europe. So if the 3g is worth it, I'll be getting a giffgaff gigabag for ?5 a month at the same time.
                              Thing is... I'm not remotely sold.

Comment

Hope you're right zipper. If I can use a giffgaff sim in it then I'll take the 3g version.

Comment

Working...
                                X