No announcement yet.

The I'm Going on Holiday!! Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m not booking anything for later until after the Brexit nonsense, we’ve got 2 trips before then, but I quite fancy going to Mexico City and Seoul later in 2019

Comment

If you want another holiday, [MENTION=345]Superman Falls[/MENTION], you need to keep it in your pants.

My Mom rocked up on Saturday to say she wants to take us all to Florida in 2020.

I have to tell you, I'm a little bit excited.

Comment

Probably not for another 5 years for me. Baby on the way, less funds, limited time and my wife travels to see her family in Iran (which I can't get a visa for easily).

Ah well, staying at home is fine too

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          If you want another holiday, [MENTION=345]Superman Falls[/MENTION], you need to keep it in your pants.

My Mom rocked up on Saturday to say she wants to take us all to Florida in 2020.

I have to tell you, I'm a little bit excited.
          Just paid our deposit to go in October
          Going to be there for Halloween so me & my brother are going to do Universal Studios Halloween Horror nights

Literally cannot wait
          We aren't telling Chloe until we get on the plane (or the airport at least)

Going to be amazeballs

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
            Just paid our deposit to go in October
            Going to be there for Halloween so me & my brother are going to do Universal Studios Halloween Horror nights

Literally cannot wait
            We aren't telling Chloe until we get on the plane (or the airport at least)

Going to be amazeballs
            We're going in the summer, but will aim for the end as the US schools will have gone back and the parks are a little quieter.

I'd love to do the Universal Halloween events, but probably not with the kids!

My sister has told her kids, but we won't tell ours until a lot later.
            I won't be able to stand a year and a half of "Is it the holiday yet?"

Comment

Main trouble for SFJr3 isn't so much the cost, its the hotel rules meaning you're limited on where you can stay

Comment

Personally, I think your kids are a bit young to fully appreciate a Florida trip.

They'll be hot, sweaty and clammy and probably won't remember any of it!

Comment

So, this year is our last opportunity to go on holiday within school terms times (Harry starts in September) so we're looking at where to go.

In 2017 we went to Majorca which was okay.
                  In 2018 we went to Lanzarote which was awful - poor weather, nasty hotel, no time alone as had both children even though wed gone with in-laws.

Flippantly mentioned that it's been a couple of years since I'd been to Japan and my mother-in-law looked up from the paper and went "I'd like to go there".

Question is: is Japan suitable with a 3 1/2 year old and an 18 month old?

Comment

I don’t have kids, but Japan sounds like a difficult travel with two very young children and in-laws. For the cost of it, I would instead probably choose a luxury resort a bit closer to home where you can really kick back. Something where you can maybe book a nice suite and everything is near at hand and well appointed - pools, beach etc.

Probably talking out of my bottom as, as I say, I don’t know anything about kids! But just my thought
                    @QualityChimp, you rotter, I’m well jel. I’m very keen to go to Florida again, haven’t been since my parents took me in the 90s. My girlfriend is a big Harry Potter fan so I’m trying to use that as leverage Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge will be fully up and running by then too, which will be awesome. Rumours still circulating that the Florida Super Nintendo Land will be open in 2020 too - that would be incredible for you but I reckon it’s realistically unlikely.

For me, I’m not sure about holidays this year. My life is in a bit of flux at the moment for various reasons, so it’s not high on the agenda. But I have thought both about returning to Japan or visiting Hong Kong properly for the first time. Maybe Hong Kong and Okinawa in a single trip, although that would be expensive. It would have my preferred holiday trio of city, mountain and beach though.

Yes, I structure my holidays like the track choices in an arcade racing game circa 95.

EDIT: I was lucky enough to have a few holidays last year. The highlight for me was a trip to the West Coast, involving a 5 day stag in a suite at the Mirage in Vegas, which I organised for a best mate who just married an American and moved to SF

Comment

My wife is going back to Malaysia for four weeks for Chinese New Year. She's taking Jimbo along all by herself which I'm not too keen on in the slightest. Malaysia isn't the safest of places. I'm staying at home because dog boarding for that length of time costs €500, that and I find it difficult to work from her bedroom when my nieces all want to play video games.

At least I'll get to smoke weed in the house and sleep with the dog.

For March I fancy going back to the UK to take Jimbo to see In The Night Garden Live. He'll get to see his nan again for a few days as well.

Then in April my friend is getting married in Mexico, so I'll be going to that. He's also taking three weeks off work so I'm being flown out to Los Angeles to fill in for him. I'll be over there for a total of four weeks.

Nothing else other than all that. We have to save up for a house deposit, followed hopefully by a Tesla Model 3 P.

Comment

Got a Canada trip in April. Never been outside of Europe and the hotel is right on Niagra Falls, so it should be good.

Comment

Bring warm clothes.

Comment

I will need to stock up. I lack a decent winter wardrobe. I went to Iceland a few years ago and that was a nice cold so I am hoping its the same

Comment

Going to Bulgaria in September and hopefully the Frankfurt Motor Show the weekend before. Also planning a lads weekend in Bruges this year. Might have to go somewhere with the good lady during the summer holidays I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                              X