No announcement yet.

Tapatalk is currently disabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is tapatalk a little bit broken (notifications) for anyone else? I've got the android one and I get notifications, but when I click them, it never opens - just spinning wait symbol forever. If I browse tapatalk that all works fine though.

Comment

I've been finding tapatalk a little problematic for a few weeks - really slow and not updating.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
        Is tapatalk a little bit broken (notifications) for anyone else? I've got the android one and I get notifications, but when I click them, it never opens - just spinning wait symbol forever. If I browse tapatalk that all works fine though.
        Yep. Pretty annoying. Is it a forum or Tapatalk issue?

Comment

I think it's a tapatalk app issue. There was an update and it started failing straight after

Comment

Hilarious glitch on tapatalk that they are working on fixing. I just got sent an email with the subject: "0 people like your post at Bordersdown!"

Comment

Tapatalk is scaring me. Without telling me, they have started sucking all the names and email addresses on the forum and sending them to their server. My privacy policy on bordersdown specifically states that we do NOT send this data to anyone. This is very not cool. I have now disabled this feature by hacking the tapatalk code directly, so your data is now secure again, but any future version installed will overwrite this and I'll have to hack it again.

They have also changed the phone app to default to all sorts of stuff I didn't sign up for like adverts that I had turned off, but they turned on for me in a new release (I turned it off again). The changes they are making to separate messaging and forum and turn it into some sort of overall Tapatalk-is-king style thing is majorly bugging.

It also bypasses our spam sign up filters by letting people sign up to the forum via tapatalk - another rubbish thing they turned on by default I've disabled that now.

I'm very close to removing it. Would this cause global meltdown? Users storming off the site? I often use it for surfing the site, but the mobile style, rubbish as it looks, is much quicker. On tablets and my wife's phone (bigger) I use the full site.
              Last edited by charlesr; 16-12-2015, 12:08.

Comment

I use it all the time but I say kill it. I'll survive

Comment

Ok, I've disabled the whole thing, but not uninstalled. If they get less scary in future, I'll upgrade and turn back on. Sorry people.

Comment

Ick. Was wondering why this had stopped working

Not that surprising that they're screwing things up though, as the mobile app changes more regularly than nearly any other app on my phone, and almost never for my benefit - always finding new ways to throw 'suggested' content in front of me, despite the original promise being that paying for the app was a one-time thing to dodge ads.

Kinda pissed (not at you, just to clarify C) - I'm reliant on it now as I would say 90% of my posting is done from it, but this is a really scummy move. Well played for spotting it and doing things about it though.

Comment

Tapatalk is off now ?

Comment

I'm looking at alternatives to the default mobile theme.
                        For example
                        http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/?styleid=25 - edit: wait... this is for Vb3 only and is $500
                        or
                        http://demo.themecrate.com/forum.php (menu system doesn't seem to be working properly for me). In theory this is "responsive" rather than just fluid. I could probably fix the menu.

Anyone got any comments?
                        Last edited by charlesr; 19-12-2015, 10:46.

Comment

Meanwhile, I've added a "what's new?" button to the header of the mobile theme so you can quickly see recent posts.

And a quick "full size" style button.
                          Last edited by charlesr; 19-12-2015, 12:11.

Comment

I don't get it. I'm using Tapatalk with no issues. Is that supposed to be disabled?

Comment

[MENTION=13193]nakamura[/MENTION] do you mean you are browsing the forum on tapatalk? It's supposed to be turned off

Comment

Yes. I only use Tapatalk nowadays. You turn it off, you turn me off!

Err..

Comment

Working...
                                X